I love the model of the Mig-29 by Wpnssgt and Column5 however try as I may, I could not break the sound barrier. After studying the MIG-29_DATA.ini file I found what may be a decimal point error for the fuselage drag.

The line

CD0MachTableData=1.275,1.000,0.991,46.549,48.253

Maybe should read:

CD0MachTableData=1.275,1.000,0.991,4.6549,4.253

After this slight change I was able to go supersonic.

If this has been discussed before please forgive.

Best wishes

Dan

Good find Dan, Thank you!

Actually, that wasn't that FM's only issue. The "MaxSpeedSL" value was too low, and that effects Vmax at all altitudes. As a rule, the CDO tables are predicated on the rule that aerodynamic drag increases exponentially as a function of increased indicated air speed.

WoE show the incorrect speed of almost all the fast aircrafts. The MiG-25 suppose to be Mach 3 but in the game, it can only fly 1400 km/h, like the MiG-21. The sam with the Su-27, too. Several day ago, I broke the 2000km/h in a Su-27 diving from 30000 m.

2000 km/h

WoE show the incorrect speed of almost all the fast aircrafts. The MiG-25 suppose to be Mach 3 but in the game, it can only fly 1400 km/h, like the MiG-21. The sam with the Su-27, too. Several day ago, I broke the 2000km/h in a Su-27 diving from 30000 m.

2000 km/h

The speeds on all the aircraft you've mentioned are correct, in game. You are confusing indicated air speed with true air speed.

So what about the switchblade? Am I doing M2.1 true or is that just indicated?

So what about the switchblade? Am I doing M2.1 true or is that just indicated?

I do not have the switchblade model, so I can only guess that the behavior in question is due to either (or both) of the following:

A) Exceeding inlet, EGT, or oil temp settings

b) Operating for an extended time in excess of 105% RPM

To illustrate those effects here, I have my own flight model for the MiG-25PD. In real life, the maximum permissible speed with a war load (according to published sources), is Mach 2.83. The aircraft easily attains that velocity at 45,000 feet and 102% RPM:

http://forum.combatace.com/uploads/1172413...9_43_107485.jpg

At 107% RPM, it is possible to hit Mach 3.2 in clean configuration (or, in this case, Mach 3.07 with a war load), above 50,000 feet. However, as in real life, those engines will only attain that air speed once :biggrin:

http://forum.combatace.com/uploads/1172413...9_43_127061.jpg