Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

problems with F/A-18A HUD

O.K., I'm messing around a little bit with Avionics 70 to get a better HUD operation on the F/A-18A. It kind of works well, except it's not positioned correctly. I don't know how to re-align it correctly or even get rid of the old HUD. However, I'm able to laser target ground objects now for accurate bombing runs. Here's a pic of what I'm talking about

post-2441-1172688134_thumb.png

All the heavy lifting has been done for you by our friends at the Mirage Factory. Go to Checksix-fr and download the C6_MegaPack. The F-18BA (Blue Angel) in the Objects file has the complete soup to nuts Avionics70 cockpit. It looks good and works great. Use the F-18BA Cockpit Folder, Avionics.ini, F-18BA.ini. You can rename them, or keep the original file names so you can remember where the files originally came from. Consider your problem solved!

Its a big file download, but has some tweaks and aircraft you won't find anywhere else.

All the heavy lifting has been done for you by our friends at the Mirage Factory. Go to Checksix-fr and download the C6_MegaPack. The F-18BA (Blue Angel) in the Objects file has the complete soup to nuts Avionics70 cockpit. It looks good and works great. Use the F-18BA Cockpit Folder, Avionics.ini, F-18BA.ini. You can rename them, or keep the original file names so you can remember where the files originally came from. Consider your problem solved!

Its a big file download, but has some tweaks and aircraft you won't find anywhere else.

Well, gee... I always seem to do things the hard way. Thanks bro!

what? I wish I knew that before spending weeks modding mine!

I found it. It's under patches. I can't give you a direct link to it (it's setup weird). So I'll post pics on where to go. Just look for the big red cursor arrow to show you the way.

post-2441-1172697245_thumb.png

post-2441-1172697326_thumb.png

post-2441-1172697401_thumb.png

post-2441-1172697461_thumb.png

Over 300mb...too much for my dial up. Guess I'll keep tweeking.

It took me 2 hours to download. If I can do it, you can do it.

i downloaded the whole pack and tried the f18. still prefer mine, though

i could email or pm you my modified hornet hud.

Guest Saganuay82

Whats wrong with the pit?

Lets see yours just to compare.

Edited by Saganuay82

By the way, is there a way to get the waypoint marker to come up on the HUD's compass? Or is this a limitation in the game?

Whats wrong with the pit?

Lets see yours just to compare.

You must've just edited the picture because I was able to see it at first, and when I came back to this topic a few minutes later, it's gone. So I don't know what you did, but I can't download the picture now. BTW, I don't have any problems with the pit. It works great for me.

I kept most of the original pit. I just added these four things to the HUD

(and added CCIP, TWS mode etc. to the avionics.)

it seems I did it the hard way, but I like it

406274411_2d2b6d7ee3_o.jpg

I kept most of the original pit. I just added these four things to the HUD

(and added CCIP, TWS mode etc. to the avionics.)

it seems I did it the hard way, but I like it

406274411_2d2b6d7ee3_o.jpg

Hey dude, could you send me your tweak? Send it to falconcaf@gmail.com TIA :)

Falcon

Guest Saganuay82

The pic is there. You have to download it. Since it was a jpg, it made the HUD blurry.

i downloaded the whole pack and tried the f18. still prefer mine, though

i could email or pm you my modified hornet hud.

I'd love to have it if you are willing to share it :clapping:

If you download the Mega pack, make sure you back up all of your stuff because it will overwrite and delete any mod in any folder that you previously had. It will also make the main screen all in French (why they didn't make an English version one I don't know). I lost a lot of weapons - fortunately I had the weapons pack saved somewhere else and the original main screen on another version of WOE.

Guest Saganuay82
If you download the Mega pack, make sure you back up all of your stuff because it will overwrite and delete any mod in any folder that you previously had. It will also make the main screen all in French (why they didn't make an English version one I don't know). I lost a lot of weapons - fortunately I had the weapons pack saved somewhere else and the original main screen on another version of WOE.

(why they didn't make an English version one I don't know). <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<LOL

(why they didn't make an English version one I don't know). <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<LOL

yeah! , and yet in the install it gives you the option of English. ( i guess for the installer program only )

...yikes thats a huge file!

Guest Saganuay82

Little nugget with a little modding you can make things like this.

ECC130Magic.jpg

:) Yeah I know it isn't real but oh well.

What do you mean isn't real? I've seen one, albeit not in that gray scheme, it was in USCG paint I believe. Or was that US Customs? Can't remember!