Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

Remember to get permission before posting others work

Just a friendly reminder that if you post anything that effects or includes others work,be sure to get the origional modders permission BEFORE posting them here.I don't care if it takes weeks or months if you post it without permission the file will be pulled.We went through this before and I will not let it happen again.

I've seen new paint for A-team planes and the modders clearly states he has their permission,which shows perfessionalism on their parts and I tip my hat to you for that.I have temp. removed the new FM for Bartos planes until permission is gotten and once it has been given then I will replace the thread.All it takes is an e-mail or PM,it's called common courtesy and I expect it here.

There will be NO arguments,NO excuses..period.If you have a problem with this let me know and I'll explain it to you.

I'm sorry if this delays a release for however long it takes to get permission but thats better than having your files pulled from here.

Dagger,

I completely agree with the policy, however to be fair to the guy who re-worked the FM, Bortdafarm does state in the readme:

FOKKER EIV For FIRST EAGLES

INSTALL TO THE AIRCRAFT FOLDER...

MADE WITH 3DS MAX

BY BORTDAFARM

feel free to fart about with the bits n bobs

Which comes across as a blanket permission to mod the work.

Edited by Laton

ok then a quick e-mail with permission to post it for download won't be a problem.The policy is the same for any file,unless it's your own of course.

Actually, the impression I got from bortdafarms statement: "feel free to fart about with the bits n bobs" means: feel free to modify for your own use on your own computer - not freedom to upload, re-release etc...

Just FYI if it's of any help.

I can see where your coming from on permission, firestorms start too easy soemtimes.

http://www.ebort2.co.uk/FE.html

Borts site

and also in one of his posts at his sight:

"given that no permission is needed from me to edit the airfiles for my aircraft"

I still say get it directly from him though... always safer that way.

Edited by Firecage

Thank you for being understanding on this.if someone comes here and says "It's ok for everyone to mod my aircraft and post their changes" fine,or if they send someone an e-mail saying yes it's ok thats fine(just include it in the read me and give credit wheres credit is due),I am not wanting to get the past ulgliness started again.

Hi Dagger,

Apologies for the kerfuffle - I do agree its best to get Borda's permission directly. But in my defence, Borda has clearly expressed the view that people can mod his FMs without permission, as Firecage pointed out.

No matter, I will try harder to contact him.

Cheers

Hi Dagger,

Apologies for the kerfuffle - I do agree its best to get Borda's permission directly. But in my defence, Borda has clearly expressed the view that people can mod his FMs without permission, as Firecage pointed out.

No matter, I will try harder to contact him.

Cheers

That's ok..we are just not wanting any hard feelings.The reason is stated above,this applies to ALL files,even a repaint using someones base skin then having even a couple of changes doesn't make it your skin,same with planes,all we ask is you get an ok from the origional modder.