I already repack the F-14B Bombcat.

It has abilities to attack or strike ground units. (And power-up engines, too.)

And change the HUD for easy bombing use CCIP mode. (Orig HUD is F-15A's)

But still has no permission from orig F-14A addon maker.

While repacking, I used F-14A addon from Column5 site and now modified F-14B addon is in my harddisk.

If orig F-14A maker(maybe Bpao) see this post, please refly me.

Have a nice day everyone. :-)

post-21919-1172713606_thumb.jpg

post-21919-1172713615_thumb.jpg

post-21919-1172713625_thumb.jpg

Edited by Land Warrior

Pm bpao and he should answer you.....

wasn't the Bombcat the F-14D?

yes, the B (or A+ depending on which source you read) provided incremently with air to ground capabilities, but initially the B was just a re-engined A with the same air to air.

The initial air to ground was in the D.

did you take a look at the A+ and D versions on this aircraft download site? Those are not upgraded 3d models, just minor ini mods of the existing A. Did you update the 3d model?

Bombcat pretty much coverd all three models once they started slinging a/g ordinance on them. I must say, those are some wild loadouts!

(And power-up engines, too.)

any chance you could tell us how you did that?

I you talk in general terms (ie how to do it to stock aircraft) the authors of the tomcat wouldn't mind I'm sure.

any chance you could tell us how you did that?

I you talk in general terms (ie how to do it to stock aircraft) the authors of the tomcat wouldn't mind I'm sure.

In the aircraft data.ini files scroll down until you get to the section that you want to update. Then just change the values and save the file. In the case of the engines, you can change the nomenclature of the engine model and the power settings.

I already repack the F-14B Bombcat.

It has abilities to attack or strike ground units. (And power-up engines, too.)

Hmm, I think they did only use LGBs on the Bombcat. Never heard of a Bombcat loaded with Mavericks or else.

Thus, if you want to make a real Bombcat, I would suggest to add a Laser Targeting Pod to the loadout and armed it only with Paveways or similar guided bombs, that were mounted in place of the Phoenix rockets.

Just a suggestion.

Btw, is the AI even capable of using LGBs? Because it seems to me that they just drop them on the target as if they were normal bombs?

Edited by Gocad

Hmm, I think they did only use LGBs on the Bombcat. Never heard of a Bombcat loaded with Mavericks or else.

Thus, if you want to make a real Bombcat, I would suggest to add a Laser Targeting Pod to the loadout and armed it only with Paveways or similar guided bombs, that were mounted in place of the Phoenix rockets.

Just a suggestion.

Btw, is the AI even capable of using LGBs? Because it seems to me that they just drop them on the target as if they were normal bombs?

I didn't that was correct, but in looking it up you turn out to be right. The F-14D stopped at Block 1 which only included LGBs and conventional bombs.

guess I'll have to go update the F-14D download too.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/f-14.htm

I didn't that was correct, but in looking it up you turn out to be right. The F-14D stopped at Block 1 which only included LGBs and conventional bombs.

guess I'll have to go update the F-14D download too.

f14bcxd6.th.jpg

Well, since we're talking about the Bombcat loadout already, that's my suggestion above. :wink:

Btw, could somebody tell why the LANTIRN pod doesn't show up on the model. I have added the LP to the station #12 and it does show up in the ordnance section and I can add it to the loadout, but then it's a no-show.... :dntknw:

But dropping LGBs works just fine. :biggrin:

img00059.jpg

Like this?

I think the Navy version of the LANTIRN pod is the ASQ-173; for some reason, I didn't have the ASQ-173 3D model either so I went into the weapon editor and set the ASQ-173's 3D model to AAQ-14.

And yes, that's an A-model Bombacat (my own tweak,) not the B or D.

Sorry, all you guys.

I made a hot-potato on this post.

Actually, I said Bombcat, but it isn't Bombcat.

So I changed all my thing and renamed Tomcat21(But it was refused by USN.).

Though its outside shape and inside panel little different from real Tomcat21

but it also Euipped F110-GE-129 engines and LGBs abilities(It has a laser-designator onboard.).

Sorry again, and I want you to be happy while flying WoE series.

Bye. :-)

post-21919-1172883489_thumb.jpg

Edited by Land Warrior

well since the only skin provided is an Ace Combat skin (By the way, Cipher did NOT fly this aircraft, nor could he... because the only F-14 in Ace Combat Zero was the F-14D Super Tomcat, while the F-14B Bobcat (that was the name in Ace Combat 5... I think.. maybe Bombcat...) was in Ace Combat 5)..

the skin should have been labeled Wardog... come on kei what happened man X-)

All the tomcats were in Ace Combat Zero, only Cipher never flew anything else save for the Eagle and the Morgan. Which is a shame because I liked the option of chosing your wing's aircraft.

I checked again, I only saw the F-14D, and that was Solo Wing Pixy that only flew the Eagle and Morgan, and James "Crow" (what was his last name?) flew the F-16C

I remember because I got mad after half-way through the game and the only one I saw was the D, and I liked using it, especially in AC5..

Hopefully they come out with a new one soon.

Edited by raidenandsolid