Sign in to follow this  
Deuces

Effects Pack#4 Beginning

Well my SF adventures started here when it was Biohazcentral so I only see it fitting I move my base of operations back here. With that I'm announcing the start of a large project in the form of Effects Pack #4.

With this pack I plan to sift through each of the emitters and effects in the game to hopefully improve the visuals. I don't build planes but I do like blowing them up as well as anything else that moves or has a chance of exploding. :wink:

Some of EP#3 will carry over but some will be revamped. First up is some new ground object fires. Video can be seen HERE

If you guys have an area in the game, effects wise, that just doesn't look right, feel free to post here and I will do my best to look into it. New effect reccomendations are welcome but the core effects and any I've previously done will get priority. Just for the record, it will be MORE than 2 weeks before release. :biggrin:

Glad to see you back here Deuces, and looking forward to this effects pack.

Guest capun

We bow before you Oh Effects Master :)

Looking forward to the new effects

Great news Eric! Thumbs up!

I got a few ideas Deuces: sun light reflection off of aircrafts so that they sparkle in the distance when it's bright and sunny, weather turbulence/disruptive air to make the flights more bouncy (with some cool cockpit jiggling), lightning, and water streaks on the canopy from rain or moisture from flying through clouds - oh and big cumulus clouds. In regards to the ground objects fire, I just came back from Iraq in the real world and noticed that sometimes the smoke can travel a long distance and can either stay low to the ground or rise up very high, going whichever way the wind is blowing (it moves quite easily too with the wind). It also lingers for hours. Don't know if any of this is possible or not. Anyways, your work is always awesome and makes playing this game such an experience. Thanks!

like you siad serverandenforcer, I think it would be interesting if we could somehow manipulate lightning into the weather system, at least as just something to watch in the background or as it crackles right by your window (maybe even make it possible that if it strikes your plane you go down....... ok MAYBE THATS A LITTLE TOO MUCH.... just thinking thats all)..

maybe throw some snow possibly?

Maybe manipulate smoke such as from Lexx Luthors Nuke pack and create yourself some sort of Tornado? (ok I do not know if fighter's actually flew in that kind of weather (snow,tornadoes, etc etc.). I am just saying it would be interesting, that is if it is possible, to add more weather effects along with ground effects, air effects, and others of the sort)..

Just my 4 and a half cents.

like you siad serverandenforcer, I think it would be interesting if we could somehow manipulate lightning into the weather system, at least as just something to watch in the background or as it crackles right by your window (maybe even make it possible that if it strikes your plane you go down....... ok MAYBE THATS A LITTLE TOO MUCH.... just thinking thats all)..

maybe throw some snow possibly?

Well I don't do much in the "Enviro" area as far as effects, too much of that is hard coded and not easily or even posible to create.

Did snow effect already, not sure if MajorLee included it in the DBS project.

snw2.jpg