Is their a way to increase air traffic closer to friendly bases, and enemy air traffic the farther you get into enemy turff. Also, how about some civilian traffic as well in areas that are far from the battle zone. Would give me a better reason to stick the ride out back to the base instead of hitting the ESC key.

Edited by serverandenforcer

Nope, no civie traffic. You might find a transport or 2 in campaign mode.

An idea came to my mind right now... What if we could define third NEUTRAL side in a campaign .ini? With, lets say three bases and strictly civilian planes on their side? That could do the job i guess? You know -Boeing 737 / DC-3 / Ju -whatever plane going on recon flights thru waypoints. Friendly both for us and opfor. Anyway possibility to have neutral/civilian side in engine would be nice after all

An idea came to my mind right now... What if we could define third NEUTRAL side in a campaign .ini? With, lets say three bases and strictly civilian planes on their side? That could do the job i guess? You know -Boeing 737 / DC-3 / Ju -whatever plane going on recon flights thru waypoints. Friendly both for us and opfor. Anyway possibility to have neutral/civilian side in engine would be nice after all

Well, I hope I'm wrong, but that seems to be a limitation of the game engine. Though there are many "nations" in the game engine, there only seems to be "red" and "blue" for those nations to be aligned to. The game would have to have some definition of "neutral" to define how red and blue interact with neutral.

Like I said....I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think the engine has support for something between friend and enemy. That is a good idea though if the definition is there in the engine.

In SP4, TK changed the code defining how the front line behaves. If you define more than 2 Forces in a campaign, several things go screwy, including ground units disappearing after they capture a StrategicNode.

Sad to hear about that. Yet there is a need for a "Neutral" slot for some tricks. Maybe TK will introduce it someday. Or is it possible editing nations.ini somehow?

You could create a single mission and make a lot of traffic there along with static aircraft. It would take a long time, but it could be done.

As for campaigns, it wouldn't hurt to try to replace the transport with an airliner, friendly or enemy. I've never seen planes intercept transports in campaigns (besides me :biggrin: ).

jtin as for campaigns -i spend most of my spare time searching Combat Ace for news, addons and trying / tweaking them than actually flying :sad: Recently i received my copy of WoE so there is a possibility that i will actualy see a transport in air