Sign in to follow this  
comrpnt

Calling Florian -AmokFloo- Schneider. Anyone know his whereabouts?

Hi folks, does anyone know Florian -AmokFloo- Schneider and how I can get hold of him? I'm seeking permission to post a mod for his A310 MRTT to make a static version, such as this...

DL-A310_static.jpg

DL-Tankerbase.jpg

Regards, comrpnt

No one has heard from him in a couple years.

Guest Saganuay82

Yeah it would be nice to see him show up again. I wish that drouge was hooked to a switchable animation so I could put them out and take them in as I want.

What is the popular opinion now on a case like this? Florian hasn't been around in a long time. His plane is still available. Can this be modded and released with an appropriate read me?

All credit of original model to Florian. Static mod and paint by "NAME". Then into a little history on how this mod came out? Seeing how this has caused many debates and firestorms in the recent past. What is our community saying about it? If a modder comes in, does a job, disappears. What happens to his work? It can never be modded and released publically and will only be traded in the realms of MSN, ICQ and email transfers? or can it live on with the proper documentation and credits?

I have no issue with it as long as proper credit is given seeing how no one has seen in a long long time.

Guest Sony Tuckson

same for me

I think that as long as the author isn't recently active, that the original release allowed for free use & attempts to contact have been made & proved negative that it can be considered abandonware but credit should be still given in any mods?

I think that as long as the author isn't recently active, that the original release allowed for free use & attempts to contact have been made & proved negative that it can be considered abandonware but credit should be still given in any mods?

Hi guys, thanks for the quick responses. The consensus of opinion seems to be that provided (1) an attempt has been made to contact the author beforehand, and (2) appropriate credit is given to the original author, then in the absence of the author a mod to their work can go up.

If we're all agreed gentlemen, then I'll prepare the aforementioned A310-MRTT static for posting. Yes?

Kind regards, Paul T. (comrpnt)

Go for it dude!