Sign in to follow this  
Fates

ArmA Patch

To further bolster the appeal and playability of ArmA, the unique war simulation, Bohemia Interactive is releasing major game update to version 1.05. The patch ensures an internationally unified playing environment for all users and brings also numerous significant improvements and new additions. Get update to version 1.05 now

We could really slam the server here by putting the patches up. People are CRYING to get it. :yes:

The patch surprisingly fixed some of the minor issues I didn't expect to see fixed anytime soon.

Now, if they would just add some key immersion features that were missing from OFP:

Wounded soldiers that are immobilized and need to be rescued and dragged/carried to appropriate positions.

Hand-to-hand fighting including punches, kicks, knives, bayonets, and rifle butts.

The ability to climb and/or jump over certain obstacles.

I'm thinking some of that is more "Game 2" territory than "OFP 1.5."

The problem is that 1.5 should have been out 2 years ago and 2.0 should be out now :wink:

They fell way behind the game market while they were messing around with the XBox.

While I don't care for the Ghost Recon series compared to OFP/Resistance, more of its simulation/realism features should have found their way into the OFP game engine given how much time they have had.

Can't argue with disappointment in the delayed release schedule, but as we're not privy to all their internal goings-on it's hard to judge.

ive been wondering for some time now why you cant jump or climb ladders like in AA (you can climg ladders but its a pain). It would eliminate TONS of possible glitches including getting stuck on rooftops and that kind of thing. In the demo if you try to climb up the ladders on the concrete garages you fall down (front ladders and rear)

I don't remember any ladders in the demo, but in the full version an icon appears on screen when you can use it, and clicking the mouse wheel makes you mount the ladder.

While you can still fall off the top when trying to get on one to go down, I find it actually easier NOT to fall to my death than standard FPS games where you "look" that way and hope you get it right. :grin:

there is a glitch in the demo atleast where you can get to the top of some ladders and just fall right back down