Sign in to follow this  
PythonOne

What should i install - noob inbound

1.) I got both WOV and WOE as presents but never did install it but i was to now since i'm looking for some cold war action. the question is, which should i install? I am mainly looking for something in vietnam, so should i install WOV? But i know WOE is more recent. So tell me which will be supported more and what is the latest patch?

2.) are there any must-have downloads?

Welcome

1) Install WOV first, patch it fully, then install WOE. Then you'll get an option to import the map, campaigns, and aircraft from WOV into WOE. That's what I did, that way you get just about everything except the menus and all from WOV.

2) Hmm, must haves. The weapons pack is one for sure. If you want cold war stuff, there is always the NATO fighters addon as well.

Edited by Talos

1.) So tell me which will be supported more and what is the latest patch?

TK will support both equally.

so WOE can install on top of WOV? btw, what is the latest patch for WOV right now?

If WOE can install on top of WOV, then should i get project-1 and install WOV and WOE on top of that?

so WOE can install on top of WOV? btw, what is the latest patch for WOV right now?

If WOE can install on top of WOV, then should i get project-1 and install WOV and WOE on top of that?

WOE was designed to merge install with WOV as they both were published by the same company (Bold Games).

Strike Fighters P1 was not published by the same company & as such doesn't have an easy merge install option.

cheers guys for the info!

If you have any other helpful advices for a noob such as more must-have addons, things that will make it as realistic as possible, training material...etc. I would really appreciate it.

oh and is there a way to turn off all the text that appears in external view such as radio, speed, where the bad guys are...etc, i don't want to see any of that.