Here's the first pics of the very early stages of modeling the F-35A. I just wish I had more reference pics to go off of.

post-2441-1172886980_thumb.jpgpost-2441-1172887040_thumb.jpg

Edited by serverandenforcer

Excellent progress! That is one of my reasons for not already having it complete. Finding the bottom drawing for gear & bay doors is the only part I'm missing.

Minor update from last night. Wanted to post some pics before I go to Subway and get some lunch.

post-2441-1172953469_thumb.jpgpost-2441-1172953492_thumb.jpgpost-2441-1172953530_thumb.jpg

Minor update from last night. Wanted to post some pics before I go to Subway and get some lunch.

post-2441-1172953469_thumb.jpgpost-2441-1172953492_thumb.jpgpost-2441-1172953530_thumb.jpg

Great progress. Lookin' good in the neighborhood.

So I see it comin.. next few pics are inflight screens in SF1... good work :clapping:

Will we see a F-32 in the future? Played JSF <-- the game, it was great optimised for Vodoo GFX carts with both planes ...

Not sure if anyone has offered, but I'd be interested in skinning if you need someone. I've been looking forward to this aircraft and would love to help.

So I see it comin.. next few pics are inflight screens in SF1... good work :clapping:

Will we see a F-32 in the future? Played JSF <-- the game, it was great optimised for Vodoo GFX carts with both planes ...

If this model ends up being a success, then yes, there will be an F-32 - possibly with the multiple variations that it had as well.

Here's the first pics of the very early stages of modeling the F-35A. I just wish I had more reference pics to go off of.

post-2441-1172886980_thumb.jpgpost-2441-1172887040_thumb.jpg

Maybe this will help too....

Notice the complete glass panel. This is actually a total of 16 seperate screens. There is no HUD. Everything is mounted onto the visor of the new helmet. The seat is good for ejection that will exceed those of the A.C.E.S. II chair (which has a 98% sucess rate). The canopy attached in the front and has no rail (as seen on the X-35). I will see if I can find some F-35 plan views in my files. I will get back with you soon.

Skelator

Wow, great news, this sims is like a new verision of ATF

I agree on the flight and aircraft choice aspect althought still a long way from ATF's fun gameplay.

Maybe this will help too....

Notice the complete glass panel. This is actually a total of 16 seperate screens. There is no HUD. Everything is mounted onto the visor of the new helmet. The seat is good for ejection that will exceed those of the A.C.E.S. II chair (which has a 98% sucess rate). The canopy attached in the front and has no rail (as seen on the X-35). I will see if I can find some F-35 plan views in my files. I will get back with you soon.

Skelator

Gah dang it! Now I have to model a new pilot for that helmet. Can't be using that HMD (Helmet Mounted Display - which I hope to integrate with this aircraft) with the stock pilots. I believe I recall that this jet also has 360 deg radar traacking. Flankers beware, your days are numbered.

A favor to ask can someone make a 120th FIS skin as they will be getting the F-35 in bout 7 years (turning in there F-16Cblk 30's YAY).

Flankers beware, your days are numbered.

If you're gonna be knife fighting in a phonebooth, it won't be the pilot in the flanker worrying... :tongue:

So since this jalopy's gonna have no hud, what are your options for SFP? Is it possible to integrate the hud with the mouse freelook system?

I want the redhead in the flight suit please. :biggrin:

I believe I recall that this jet also has 360 deg radar traacking.

This is not true, just forward looking.

If you're gonna be knife fighting in a phonebooth, it won't be the pilot in the flanker worrying... :tongue:

So since this jalopy's gonna have no hud, what are your options for SFP? Is it possible to integrate the hud with the mouse freelook system?

I think the hud is going to be projected into the Pilot's helmet, either that or its like the F-14 projected on the forward glass.

I know it might not seem like much progress was done, but believe me, this is an update. I've been working all weekend to try and make all the sexy curves on this thing as close to the real F-35. I still got some more things to adjust, but I pretty much satisfied so far (or I wouldn't be posting pics). Anyways, this is all that I'm doing for the night. Tomorrow I'm off to Disney California with the family (something they wanted to do since my return from Iraq) so I wanted to at least provide some kind of an update that would be some what aesthetically pleasing. I think the only other exterior work that needs to be done is the cannon hub on top of the left intake and the laser designator on the bottom of the nose. I think there's also another item that goes directly infront of the canopy. Then it will be detailed stuff such as the cockpit, flaps, elevons, rudders, speed brake, landing gears (oh what a joy that'll be), and weapons bay. I'll be working on that possibly on Wednesday. Once that's at done, it should be fairly easy to work on the variants. Well, here are the pics. Enjoy.

post-2441-1173166825_thumb.jpgpost-2441-1173166871_thumb.jpgpost-2441-1173166909_thumb.jpgpost-2441-1173166964_thumb.jpgpost-2441-1173167005_thumb.jpgpost-2441-1173167033_thumb.jpgpost-2441-1173167060_thumb.jpg

Edited by serverandenforcer

Silly question (because you've probably already said it and I have completely missed it) is the a model of the X-35 or the F-35, because I think (JSFAggie's gonna probably very rightfully correct me if I'm wrong) the 'production' F-35s have 'narrower' intakes than the X-35.

I hope that doesn't sound like a nit-pick and please don't take it as 'destructive criticisms' I'm also one of the ones waiting to see this model finished.

This is the production model, F-35A. You might be thinking ofthe F-35B or C, but they all might have the same size intake manifolds. I already had some people look at it and they said that the intakes were dead on to the real deal.

Gah dang it! Now I have to model a new pilot for that helmet. Can't be using that HMD (Helmet Mounted Display - which I hope to integrate with this aircraft) with the stock pilots. I believe I recall that this jet also has 360 deg radar traacking. Flankers beware, your days are numbered.

It is called sensor fusion. In the industry it is called an Electro-Optical Sensor (EOS). Imagine an undetectable sensor that can see 360 degrees on the X and Y aspect!

Skelator