okay have downloaded the file.

the site says it for cfs2000 and fs2004.

i saw a yukikaze jet there too.

can i have instructions how to succesfully incorporate thes FS/CFS jets int thirdwire games?

it will be nice adversary for zur's talon(i dunno what zur thinks about that.)

for some time the talon is unchallenged in FIGURES-skating

you know, hypersonic, stealth, range, detect systems, turn radius, etc.....

if it goes succesfully, then let the fun begin.

(sorry to the other guy i had replied this message to.... its for serverandenforcer, soo soorryy)

You can not import it into any of the 3rd Wire games. They are different formats.

okay have downloaded the file.

the site says it for cfs2000 and fs2004.

i saw a yukikaze jet there too.

can i have instructions how to succesfully incorporate thes FS/CFS jets int thirdwire games?

it will be nice adversary for zur's talon(i dunno what zur thinks about that.)

for some time the talon is unchallenged in FIGURES-skating

you know, hypersonic, stealth, range, detect systems, turn radius, etc.....

if it goes succesfully, then let the fun begin.

(sorry to the other guy i had replied this message to.... its for serverandenforcer, soo soorryy)

You'll probably have to do reverse conversion (FS/CFS model file to .3ds or .max) then convert them to the format used for the thirdwire games. I'm just not big on knowing how to do that.

You'll probably have to do reverse conversion (FS/CFS model file to .3ds or .max) then convert them to the format used for the thirdwire games. I'm just not big on knowing how to do that.

There is no way to reverse engineer those files once they are in their final formats.

Shin

Be patient and relax, the planes will be ready when they are ready.

Well, there goes that idea. Sorry Shin, thought I could help you out there. Perhaps you could contact the original author for that jet and see if he could convert it from the original 3ds, max, or whatever file that he/she has it saved on whatever program he built it with (more than likely 3DS MAX - but possibly Miya, Blender, or Lightwave) to one for SFP1, WOV, or WOE. I should stop offering suggestions 'cause it seems to be getting you in to trouble.:haha:

Edited by serverandenforcer

Looks like the Firefox would need to be build from scratch too. At least we get a better quality model :D

Lesson learned about buying models online.

The Turbosquid F-35A JSF model, also availible here http://www.the3dstudio.com/product_details...d_product=16872

may look good, but notice you'll only see shots from above.

There is no detail on the bottom, no main wheel wells or doors, no weapon bays or doors, the general outline is incorrect, the engine is brown, no detail in the cockpitm ect.

There is screwy geometry over the whole of the model, the preview images must either be photoshopped, or they're using a render routine that renders a set of enormous spikes as a smooth surface.

Bah.

Lesson: Always model your own stuff!

-A

You can not import it into any of the 3rd Wire games. They are different formats.

Not so fast Dave :biggrin: (sorry Dave :tongue: )

There is a converter that will take certain FS model formats and turn them into 3DS files which can be imported into Max. Useful for small objects etc, but whole aircraft require a lot of re-work.

Not so fast Dave :biggrin: (sorry Dave :tongue: )

There is a converter that will take certain FS model formats and turn them into 3DS files which can be imported into Max. Useful for small objects etc, but whole aircraft require a lot of re-work.

Very true, but I am saying once they are exported to MSFS and used in the sim they can't be reversed engineered back to their original model format. The same goes with 3rd wire stuff, once you export it to an .LOD, you can't put it back in a 3d max file to edit.

The FSDS models can be imported and do take alot of reworking. Once a model is in .mdl or .m3d for cfs3 there's no getting them back. A really good programmer might be able to reverse engineer it like they did with the .Nif model format for a number of games. but nobody has.

Asking if you can use their FSDS/3DS/GMax source is a much easier route. But in my experience FSDS and GMAX files are too much trouble to get into 3DS and lose too much quality.

Guest capun

A MiG-31 Firefox like this? :)

Firefox-01.jpg

Firefox-02.jpg

Firefox-03.jpg

IT IS ALIVEEEEEEEEEE

I've been on a bit of a hiatus to deal with some other real life responsibilities that I have going on right now.. However, just so that you guys know that I havne't abandoned this thing yet I've posted a minor upstae to what's going on. Pilots seat is done. Need to add in the "roll bar" to the cannopy. Need to fix the "interior" side of the cannopy due to some mis-placed vertices. Also started to work on the nose gear a bit (talk about complicated designs - holy freaken Shiite, Sunni, and Kurd!). screenshot-1.jpgF-35-1.jpgscreenshot.jpg

Edited by serverandenforcer

Just a word of encouragement....

Looking great, especially like the tint on the canopy. :hi:

Are you going to add a hemelt display!!!

The engine wouldn't support it.

You could fake it a little bit by giving the field for the hud really large boundaries to mimick the hud being right in front of your face, but it wouldn't move where you look. And it would be annoying to go over all the other avionics.

The engine wouldn't support it.

You could fake it a little bit by giving the field for the hud really large boundaries to mimick the hud being right in front of your face, but it wouldn't move where you look. And it would be annoying to go over all the other avionics.

I wouldn't be too quick to think that eraser :wink:

Geeez absolutely great and attractive work!!!

Way to go pal!

I didn't see the DSI intake from the initial models but I vaguely do now :)

I noticed from the screens I've seen so far this bird has no nozzle on it yet. Are you gonna put the LOAN Cone on it like the finished product is supposed to have?

Creepin Death - there is an exaust nozzle on it, but it's not finished yet (needs to be refined with more detail).

Blackbird - This is the A variant. It does not have the thrust vertical lift capabilities. That would be the B variant used by the USMC. That will be the last variant that I will work on.

No new pics because there hasn't been any additional progress yet. I've been bogged down with both my civilian job and my airforce job. I will get this done though.

What´s this one?

Is the JSF or the F-35?

The F-35 is the JSF, the one that goes into production.

The X-32 was boeings contender, but it lost out. and it was particularly ugly.