Sign in to follow this  
Brin Londo

First Eagles and what I need to know

Can anyone tell me if I need to be an expert with flight sims inorder to play First Eagle. I love the WWI planes and I plan on buying the game. I just want to know what I am getting into. What is a brand name for a not too expensive joy stick with force feed back. Any help is appreciated. thanx in advance, Brin Londo

welcome :yes:

No, you don't need to be an expert for First Eagles & it should make an excellent introduction.

I would look at the Saitek Evo Force & the Logitech Force 3D Pro

You certainly don't need to be any sort of expert - First Eagles is a lot of fun.

As for a joystick, if you don't want to go all the way with separate rudder pedals, I'd suggest you look for one with a twist grip rudder. That will be useful for flying, but invaluable for taxi-ing if (or, rather when) you get bitten by the flight sim bug and start buying other sims.

welcome :yes:

No, you don't need to be an expert for First Eagles & it should make an excellent introduction.

I would look at the Saitek Evo Force & the Logitech Force 3D Pro

Hello Buff.

On the subject of Hardware for this game. Do you or anyone else know if First Eagles is compatible

with the TrackIR 3/4 system? I know it's highly praised on the OFF forums; but don't recall hearing

much about it on this forum.

Cheers.

Mac.

TrackIR works great with FE

Thomas

what Thomas said although it's more like 5DOF than 6 on this engine.

I believe it supports panning and zoom only, right? Not up-down/left-right shifting in the cockpit?