Sign in to follow this  
Duiker

Unlimited ammo WOE cold war, soviet inv.

hello,

I tried to get unlimited ammo in the game: Wings over Europe; cold war-soviet invasion.

In the options screen i set the 'ammo usage' on 'easy', but it doesn't change anything.

I want to use it especialy in the "instant action" game.

Can someone give me advice??

Thanx

Sander Looijenga

Netherlands (europe)

(p.s. i am a complete newbe in this game)

To my understanding there isn't anyway to have unlimited ammo in any of the ThirdWire games. The difference in the way that weapons settings work in how powerful and accurate they are.

Easy- Very accurate and even a near miss will achieve a kill

Normal- Still accurate but a weapon still needs to be launched in with in limits, still a large explosion but you need to be hit the target or get really close to get a kill

Hard- Missiles and other guided weapons will need to be launched with in strict parameters. They are only as accurate as thier ratings, so for example if you launch an AIM-9B at a taget climbing near the sun and the target manuvers out of the way the missile may start to follow the sun. The explosions are normal size and to achieve a kill you will need to get a direct hit, anything else will cause damage.

Okay, thank you for the information.

Do you know of a cheatcode to make the ammo go unlimited?

Sander

I thought you get unlimited gun ammo on easy.

AFAIK, there isn't a cheat code for unlimited weapons.

Well, the manual says that i would get unlimited ammo when a put in on 'easy'.

But it doesn't work like this in the game. (as far as the missiles anyway, the guns are unlimited)

Or maybe i need to 'reload' in some way to get another round of ammo?

Sander

Edited by Duiker

Well, the manual says that i would get unlimited ammo when a put in on 'easy'.

But it doesn't work like this in the game. (as far as the missiles anyway, the guns are unlimited)

Or maybe i need to 'reload' in some way to get another round of ammo?

Sander

You could edit the aircraft data.ini to increase the stock ammo. For instance scroll down in the A-7 data ini and change the value as indicated below:

InternalGun1]

SystemType=FIXED_GUN

GunTypeName=20MM_Mk12

InputName=FIRE_PRIMARY_GUN

MuzzlePosition=-0.68,5.17,-0.73

LightPosition=-0.75,5.17,-0.73

AimAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

MaxAmmo=680________________<increase this number to whatever you want

MinExtentPosition=-0.65,2.77,-0.33

MaxExtentPosition=-0.45,5.33,-0.17

Hello,

As i wrote before, i am a newbe.

Can you tell me how to get to the data.ini file?

Sander

Hello,

As i wrote before, i am a newbe.

Can you tell me how to get to the data.ini file?

Sander

The files are found in the WOV/WOE program file. Typically you can get there by going to My Computer and selecting the hard drive. Then select Program Files and scroll to the WOV/WOE program file. Within that file select Objects/Aircraft. Within each aircraft file is a data.ini file. Open the data ini (it's a text file) and scroll down (about halfway) until you get to the guns/weapons info. Here you can make any changes you want to the guns and the types of weapons the aircraft can carry. Consult this Knowledge Base article on weapons editing for more complete info. Good luck.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=12099

Why are you all putting this guy through the wringer?

Duiker, in options, under "simulation difficulty", select "customize". You'll get an etirely new set of options ( sub options? :smile: ) to play with. There, you'll find a setting for ammo usage, which can be set to "easy", giving you unlimited gun ammo.

I think he means unlimited ammo for gun AND missiles/bombs/etc.

In which case I do not believe it is possible to have unlimited prim weapon/sec. only gun.

(unless you create yourself a behemoth jet that can house 30+ missiles, of course it would be so slow they would be almost pointless)

Oké, i think i got the idea,

but..... There is no data.ini file!

I made some screenshots of it.

I used the F15-A airplane.

This is the way i got there;

my com./c:/programfiles/wings over europe/objects/aircaft/F-15A....

Sander

post-24070-1173092447_thumb.jpg

post-24070-1173092454_thumb.jpg

To edit any of the stock aircraft in the game you will need to download, the SFP1 Extraction tool. It is located here at CombatAce. click me!.

From there you will want to open up object.cat file in your objects folder. Then scan for the F-15A_data.ini file and click on the extraction button. SFP1E can only extract one selected file at a time and it will extract it to the directory where CAT file is located.

So for example if you do extract the F-15A_data.ini file then it will be extracted to your main object folder. Once you have made the changes that you want to it, will need to save it in the directory of aircraft.

Speaking of unlimited, any of u guys here know how to make unlimited damage..or is there a setting for invulnerability for WoX games?

As the other guy said... I think ammo setting is only for guns.

Missiles are still limited by realistic loadout capacity.

Edited by jomni

As the other guy said... I think ammo setting is only for guns.

Missiles are still limited by realistic loadout capacity.

Yeah as for ammo i think unlimited ammo apply to guns only but I am referring to invincibility for the aircraft. Is there such a setting? As far I know there are only armor settings and structrural factor in the aircraftdata.ini which can be tweaked but still doesn't give the airplane invincibility. It's just for fun though, just wondering if its possible?

Yeah I guess there's no invincible toggle.

But I wouldn't call that fun. :biggrin:

to me, something like a god mode would destroy the meaning of this game.

the objective should be to gradually get to realistic settings.........

anyway, it's just my opinion..

Invulnerability? What is this, Iron eagle? :lol:

I never knew about unlimited gun ammo on this game. I always ran out of ammo trying to saw wings off of fully armored TU-4s with my Corsair and just flying home. Now I'm gonna finish the job tonight. :diablo:

The files are found in the WOV/WOE program file. Typically you can get there by going to My Computer and selecting the hard drive. Then select Program Files and scroll to the WOV/WOE program file. Within that file select Objects/Aircraft. Within each aircraft file is a data.ini file. Open the data ini (it's a text file) and scroll down (about halfway) until you get to the guns/weapons info. Here you can make any changes you want to the guns and the types of weapons the aircraft can carry. Consult this Knowledge Base article on weapons editing for more complete info. Good luck.

http://forum.combata...showtopic=12099

theres no such file as data.ini.file :blink:

that's because, until extracted, they ALL reside in the Object.cat.

Covered in the Knowledge Base

wrench

kevin stein

hello,

I tried to get unlimited ammo in the game: Wings over Europe; cold war-soviet invasion.

In the options screen i set the 'ammo usage' on 'easy', but it doesn't change anything.

Thanx

Sander Looijenga

Netherlands (europe)

Sorry to say that i just dont remember how i did it...i only remember that i did a lot of clicking & Editing file...& became successful in making ammo & missile unlimited. :good:

hello,

Thanx

Sander Looijenga

Netherlands (europe)

Sorry to say that i just dont remember how i did it...i only remember that i did a lot of clicking & Editing file...& became successful in making ammo & missile unlimited. :good:

hello,

Thanx

Sander Looijenga

Netherlands (europe)

I dont know how...sorry for that :this:but i have made my plane invincible & ammo & missiles unlimited :yes: