Sign in to follow this  
Fates

Project Reality

IF there isn't anyone playing this...there should be. This is an excellent mod to BF2.

http://www.realitymod.com/

agreed, its ace.

loads more maps than vanilla, you need a crew to drive a tank, you cant just jump in a plane or heli (without requesting pilot kit), no confirmed kills, one or two well aimed shots gets a kill, weapon recoil, lots of new vehicles (the british landrover is a current favourite, on the helmand province map)

a slight downside is they need to improve the single player element (only a couple of maps work for most people atm, although that might be due to lack of ram, 2gb is recommended)

good job modders. (best things in life are free)

An improvement on SP is fine for a majority MP game.

The reality of this games will even lead some die hard ArmA fans to wonder. The Maps are FULL HUGE and the gameplay will drag out for days if need be. I'm lovin it. Every single item that they have input into this mod is incredible.

I'll post some screens tomorrow...Fates

I had the old PR MOD, it was good but i soon went back to the reg BF2. I think tonight i will have to see what the new v0.5 is all about!

After a 5 hour download time(I was running at 80kb/s), I now have the new PR mod can't wait to get home after work today and fire that thing up!

PR has made BF2 a playable game for me again. I hate regular BF2 the game is so terrible, weapon accuracies suck major and the bunnyhop, run and gun stuff ruins game play. PR takes their ability away to RNG and BH. Makes game play slow down a lot more and team tactics are a must for you to be successful.

well if you check out www.totalbf2.com, you can get updates on all current bf2 mods and such.

I say this because PR has announced that they are hoping to release v0.6 with some new content and maps as well as tweaks this friday the 20th along with POE2.

PR makes you want to giggle how fun it can be when you hook up with some teamwork fanatics who are all about getting the job done ftw.

EDIT: A bit off topic.

If any of you own Half-Life 2 and are big on infantry and cqb combat, you should check out a new mod called Insurgeny: Modern Infantry Combat for HL2.

You can tell they put a lot of effort into this and it's quite a blast.

http://www.insurgencymod.net/

check it out, I play both PR and Insurgency just about everyday

Edited by raidenandsolid

Another mod "US Intervention" has also been released. It is a desert storm mod.

http://us-intervention.com/

It looks really good. It also has SP support. Supposed to be Desert Combat on BF2.

This mod even has Sheridan tanks for the Airborne guys!!! Weapons and tank shell lethality have been raised.