Sign in to follow this  
charlielima

Stealth Bomber / Fighter in WOV

Hey Gruppe,

Someone asked where the stealth bombers and fighters where for our sim. Yah Its not a B-2 or F-117 but I think I found the parts for a bitchin' what if. I don't know where I got this. It might be from Capun. The ol XB-35. Upgrade the avionics and ECM to the mid 60's, bolt in DFANGS level bomb sight, replace the piston engines with allison T-56s if you want to keep the props. If you prefer jets the B-35 with jet engines was a B-49. Replace the fuel guzzling 8 x J-35s for some burly turbo fans, TF-34s, CFM-56s, or even JT-9s. Slap on a SEA, ferris or green lizard paint scheme and there you are. I'd get rid of all the gun turrets. It's suppose to be a flying wing not a porcupine. A vulcan stinger like a B-52 or B-58 would be right tho. :ph34r: CL

post-11823-1173048497_thumb.jpg

post-11823-1173048559_thumb.jpg

post-11823-1173048665_thumb.jpg

Edited by charlielima

What? Like these, you mean??.....

B-49D SEA camo circa 1969

b49d_sea.jpg

B-49H, late gray, circa 1985

b49h.jpg

EC-49 AWAC, circa 1970

wing-awac1.jpg

wing-awac2.jpg

the 4th V bomber: RAF Viking

raf-viking.jpg

There are some major problems in bringing them into 'modern' times, mostly weapons fit. The bays are too small for the Mk 80 series; easily fixed by increasing max dia & max length (done). CM & ECM fits no problem - done. PGMs are problmatic (see size limits), but a work around is, again, easily implimented. External loads could be added, but there's not pylons onthe physical model. All easily fixable, just need some 'dialing in'.

Someday I'll finsh them off.....

Guns have all been upgraded to 20mm; even the AWAC retains 2 operable turrets (not that they'd do any good against modern missile carrying interceptors...)

Wrench

Kevin Stein

I cant find one on here - they may be WIPs still - same for the B-1

I have made a B-2 model but no one would want to make it to a mod.

I have made a B-2 model but no one would want to make it to a mod.

Don't forget that bloody awesome Su-47! The prime reason why I'm learning 3dsm is to get that plane into SFP series! I was hoping someone would have beaten me to it by now though... :sorry:

Guest Saganuay82

Whats a SU-47?

Wrench, are you looking at releasing any of those? I especially dig your EC-49. Is that a propper mod or just using the EC-130 rotodome?

Where's the B-2 nobody will work on?

Just has the rotodome tacked on. (real cheesy spot-welds)

My installs are all modded, excepting the 'stock' one - with no addons, so I don't remember if the roto has been added to the current weapons pak. (of course, I could always d/l it again, and look for it!)

In a pinch, I'm sure I can email the folks over at C6 and ask permission to use/release it.

As to the other question, yes, I'm planning at some point to release all of them, once certain load problems are fixed, and I finish off skins and decals. Not anytime soon though, but at some point down the road.

The Viking is the worst...damn Brit bombs most definately don't fit! And I probably won't give it PGM capabilities, like the 49H.

(16 AGM-65s for CAS!!! Take that commie tanks! -- I've definately read too much Dale Brown!)

Wrench

Kevin STein

I see those pics, and I think of Harry Turtledove's alternate-history WWII and on epics. :ok:

The rotodome (I think that's what it's called) isn't in the weapons pack. It's in the C6 megapak. Nifty little thing...

I've been trying to make an E-3 with it.

I think gerald14 hasn't uploaded the B-2 model. You'll have to PM him about it.

I think gerald14 hasn't uploaded the B-2 model. You'll have to PM him about it.

No, he has. But it was something like a year ago...

The model is not finish. Some one need to add details to it like the Bomb bay, Windows , and extra details yo.

I need some one to finish it or If I am not busy doing things maybe I can finish it.

Bitchin! leave town for a week and Ohh Wee! The skins are splendid! Does this mean we have the burly turbofans? What weaps will fit in the bomb bays? B-58 style weapon pods the answer? OUR concept flying wing should have no gun turrets but a vulcan in the "tail".I'm stoked by what I saw clicking this thread. Where do we get the b-49? If nothing else the B-29 crews operating inthe Korean war theatre should get some relief. Maybe the Navy should take up some slack with this project. In the 40s congress was jacking thier jaws alot about getting rid of aircraft carriers. I downloaded the XB-35 and "flew it" What a trip. No Joy getting any weaps in all those bombays tho. I think we should keep the GIB, but trade the turrets for a vulcan like this. I'm till trying to figure out how to get that weapon pod working on that Hustler. V/R All. :ph34r: CL

post-11823-1173497012_thumb.jpg

post-11823-1173497048_thumb.jpg

Edited by charlielima