Sign in to follow this  
rotagen

New Fokker D7F Flight model +/- Spins, uploaded

Hey bortdafarm, I love your readme files, and I noticed you always write something along the lines ...."go ahead, screw with this" ....so I took the liberty of farting around for hours trying to get a REspectable FOKKER D7 going; my result made me very happy.

In the process of attempting to upload it, (hoping it gets approved); but basically here is some of what I learned about the fokkerd7f_data.ini

Problem: Pitch: nose pointing towards the moon, combined with see-sawing action, too easy

Yaw:......You're kidding right??!! wimpy and fakey

Roll......very much like a lead brick

Initially I moved center of gravity forward and down, works great, but views messed up

why are they linked? who knows

Tried moving gas tank forward and down, not sure if it did anything

Moved wing objects (all of them) back towards tail...DID THE TRICK same as cog.

Messed with empty inertia values pitch,roll,yaw

Messed with pitch damper

Messed with Clr (roll moment due to yaw), increased, now I have real rudders

Messed with Clp (reactionary roll moment due to roll rate- similar to inertia?) ; very touchy..

Negative number, decreasing this the right amount finally gave me a real

roll, and in the right range gave spins, I even got out of one.

Anyways, in the upload I have included 2 files; one with spins and one without.

Also, some of the AI numbers have been tweaked, hopefully for the better, but these are confusing.

ADDED BENEFIT: The wingmen have actually killed some enemies right near me, at least in InstantAction.

I HOPE EVERYONE TRIES THEM OUT AND MAKES THEM BETTER,

PS if something happens where the uploading fails, I'll try to post them as text.

ROT

Edited by rotagen

You'll need to contact Bortdafarm first,I'm sorry but if you'll read the forum rules when ever you use someone else's work as a base you MUST have permission from that person.Thats the rules.

You'll need to contact Bortdafarm first,I'm sorry but if you'll read the forum rules when ever you use someone else's work as a base you MUST have permission from that person.Thats the rules.

This rule is AOK, but unless I am mistaken, the Fokker DVIIF is not one of Borts aircraft. It is stock. Check the website http://www.ebort2.co.uk/FE.html.

sinbad

Edited by sinbad

I don't think Bort is hung up on people using his work at least this is how I took

feel free to fart about with the bits n bobs
to mean :fans:

Quote from borts readme:

"feel free to fart about with the bits n bobs"

Also, I'm quite sure the file is stock, bort wouldnt have made it fly that poorly. He messed about with the AI section only I'm pretty sure.

Hey bort, feel free to tell me if you want me to take it down. In the meantime, please note that I give permission for anyone to take this file and makes it better, and reupload it.

Don't want to offend anyone.

yes it is a stock plane,and the FM is made from real numbers based on WW1 flight models.TK researches every plane he releases,and improves them with every patch.Also don't forget that once you make a change then if you fly on-line you have to remove it or everyone has to have the exact same thing or you won't be able to join a game,or host one that anybody can join.

Also no matter who does the mod,it has to have the origional modders ok to post it.stock planes are in a gray area so we'll let them stay,BUT if you use someone else's and no permission it'll be taken down and even if you post it as data here or post a link to it off site,it'll be deleted.We've been through this before and it's not going to happen again.That's the rules here.

I've tried this new FM for the DVII of rotagens and I don't like it.

Pitch rate is much reduced as is roll rate, so I've put the original back in.