Sign in to follow this  
LloydNB

Problem solved - coloured struts

Any ideas welcome.

I'm trying to add stripes to the outer struts of individual aircraft. Each flight of 24 Squadron had different coloured stripes to match the wheel colour. All the colour plates out there seem to represent only A Flight (red and white). In theory it should be possible to add stripes to the struts but I've included every position combination I can think of and no luck.

LloydNB

Edited by LloydNB

Hallo. You can make it via decails.ini

Declare there a new cection for the struts. How you know the meshname of struts? Check the Dh2.out file, i found the mesh with a name OutterLeftStruts and OuterRightStruts, that should be the struts you are wont to paint on :)

EmlD

EmlD

Thanks EmlD

I have tired that and tried to skin the RIGHT and LEFT of the strut. I've even tried skinning the FRONT and BACK of the strut but no luck.

LloydNB

Hi, paste the D1 folder and the Decails.ini into 24Sqn folder

1. The Dec file. Its a TGA 32bit, you can edit it in photoshop to give it the colors you need.

If you rename it like Dec001, Dec002...you can select this by the number in the loadout menu.

To make Dec.tga load depending on squadron, you have to make another skin folder....maybe...just try out

2.The position and scale of Dec.tga on the struts, you can set it in decails ini.

Numbers are:

If DecalFacing LEFT, RIGHT, then Position=Y,Z

If DecalFacing TOP, LEFT then Position=X,Y

Dont forget about Scale

Enjoy

24Sqn.rar

Thanks EmlD

Terrific! Problem solved. It was a matter of positioning and I got it all wrong. The fact that it requires 8 decals to cover the four outer struts which might effect frame rates a bit, but who cares! It looks great.

img00024.jpg

LloydNB

Edited by LloydNB