Sign in to follow this  

Anybody knows how to add any lights for ground objects such as tanks or ships ? Ive tried to do it

with objectname_data.ini file :

[body]

(...)

SystemName[001]=LeftPositionLight // with correct number

(...)

// Lights --------------

[LeftPositionLight]

NightLightOn=2.00

SystemType=LIGHT

Color=1.0,0.0,0.0

Brightness=0.05

Position=0.0,-20.89,11.384

LightSrcOffset=0.0,0.0,0.1

LightSrcRange=1.0

CanFlash=FALSE

BUT IT DOES NOT WORK ! WHY ??????????????????????? :blind:

Lights will not work as such on ground objects, since there is no provision in the game code for them.

Any 3rd party ground object model that has lights, is in reality, using a tga that is incorporated into the model's lod file.

Lights will not work as such on ground objects, since there is no provision in the game code for them.

Any 3rd party ground object model that has lights, is in reality, using a tga that is incorporated into the model's lod file.

Its so sad..... But thanks for info. Imagine : driving truck convoy with front lights, lighting buildings etc.

Buildings are not considered ground objects. They're terrain objects, as listed in the terrain_types.ini file, along with trees, fuel & oil tanks, antenna masts, etc.

To clarify a bit, you can have lights on airfields. For example, if you had a target area that was declared an airfield, you can put a lights section in the airfield_layout.ini.

All ground objects can be used and listed in the terrain_types.ini, but not all objects listed there are ground objects. Buildings (the non-targetable ones) and trees are not listed in the terrain_types.ini.

As Fubar512 said, lights can be used using a tga that is incorporated into the .lod. The CVN-75 by D-O and the lighted trucks by Kesselbrut do this.

And Deuces has something up his sleve to light the non-targetable buildings:

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p...ghted+buildings

Thanks for good idea , but I know the 'buildings' are not GroundObjects, and Im working on creating targetable builings ( such as my control tower in download section ). And I wanna add some light to them , if it is possible. But adding any ground objects to airfield area may cost to much work.... Today I discovered how to add a 'lighting' surfaces to Lod object with 3D Max ( I just learning this aplication ) but the sufraces are only VISIBLE at night, but DO NOT generate any light or flares.