16 hours ago, Wrench said:

JacksonM: can you post a screenshot of the game folder structure, and where you've placed the various files?

something like below --> (mind you, FE2 in Win7)

this way, we can visualize what might be off. 

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.fa1a656b182d02c8e4bdd94c4101b444.png

The files which I downloaded from pcpilot's modification:

19 hours ago, Crawford said:

Perhaps this will help.
On the other hand, in upload created by pcpilot , the cockpit call line in the aircraft ini file is written аs CockpitDataFile=DFCW5_cockpit.ini. Accordingly, the cockpit.ini file is called the DFCW5_cockpit.ini. It contains the call line 'Model Name = Fokker D7_cpit.LOD'. I do not think there is any mistake here.

DFW C.V Screen and ini Pack

Are these:

DFWC5_cockpit.INI

DFWC5.ini(changed by pcpilot)

DFWC5_Hangar.bmp

DFWC5_Loading.bmp

And, as you can see above, I had placed the "DFWC5" folder to WWI/Objects/Aircraft/

I did the same on Windows XP and everything was working. But it doesn't work on my Windows 10.

Try using the extractor to extract the marked files from your 'ObjectData' catalogue. Create a folder 'cockpit' and move there all the received files (they appear in the 'Objects'  folder of the game). Then move this "cockpit" folder to the DFWC5 folder. Maybe your FE doesn't like links to "external resources"? :dntknw:

3423545-3.jpg

• Like 1

It looks like he's modding the main Thirdwire folder, which he should not be. Somewhere on his pc there has to be a saved games folder with a Thirdwire folder inside it. This is where his mods should go. The game sets up this folder the first time it runs. The First Eagles options.ini is in this folder. It dictates where the sim is looking for mods. You can mod the main installation folder all day and night, but the mods will not show up, because the sim is looking somewhere else. This is the path on my computer:

C:\Users\Owner\Saved Games\ThirdWire\FirstEagles2

Inside this folder is an options.ini. It dictates the path for the sim to look for mods. Mine says:

[Mods]
ModsEnabled=TRUE
Directory=C:\Users\Owner\Saved Games\ThirdWire\FirstEagles2
Editors=FirstEagles2

JacksonM, have Windows search for your saved games folder on your pc. If you find it, and put your mods in there, it should cure your issues. You never put mods in the main game folder. TK did this so people couldn't mess up their installs by changing them. Hope this helps.

Edited by Heck

33 minutes ago, Heck said:

It looks like he's modding the main Thirdwire folder, which he should not be. ....  You never put mods in the main game folder. TK did this so people couldn't mess up their installs by changing them. Hope this helps.

Honestly, I don't know how it looks for FE2 and Windows 10 ... But in 1st Gens, the main 'Third Wire' folder is moderated, isn't it? Am I wrong?

I don't think so, but I haven't used first generation sims in years now. I think the location of the saved games folder changed between first generation and second generation, but you still used the saved games folder to change things, and that's where the options.ini which tells the game where to look for mods is. I may be remembering first generation incorrectly, Wrench, correct me if I am, but I still think that mods went into a saved games/thirdwire/first eagles folder, not the main thirdwire programs folder. I believe, if I remember correctly, I was chewed out (rightfully so) by some of the more experienced modders, when I inadvertently told someone to put their mods into the main program folder. Anyone familiar with first generation sims please correct me if I'm wrong.

2 hours ago, Heck said:

JacksonM, have Windows search for your saved games folder on your pc. If you find it, and put your mods in there, it should cure your issues. You never put mods in the main game folder. TK did this so people couldn't mess up their installs by changing them. Hope this helps.

I had found some kind of this folder. It looks so: search-ms:displayname=Результаты%20поиска%20в%20"Мой%20компьютер"&crumb=location:%3A%3A{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\Saved Games

But it's empty.

3 hours ago, Crawford said:

Try using the extractor to extract the marked files from your 'ObjectData' catalogue. Create a folder 'cockpit' and move there all the received files (they appear in the 'Objects'  folder of the game). Then move this "cockpit" folder to the DFWC5 folder. Maybe your FE doesn't like links to "external resources"? :dntknw:

Maybe. It didn't helped me too.

I can install user created aircraft (downloaded from this forum), you see? I can't make flyable only DFW CV and Albatros D.Va . And that's all.

Maybe Heck is right. But, please, tell me more about it: What must I do to found this folder?

OK, I did so:

I searched for Saved Games folder right in "This Computer" main folder. I did something wrong or I didn't finish something?

JacksonM. What operating system are you using? Windows 10, or XP. If you're using 10, you should use FE2. If you're using XP, you would use FE1, or FE Gold. 

IIRC, Jackson said he was running FE1, on a late model machine

If 10 is similar to 7 in "how" it reads the 1stGen games, installling to the C:/ProgaramFiles places it the protected area. What we've found out for SF1 is install the game to the ROOT of the C drive (C:/FirstEagles, for example), and adjust the shortcuts as needed.

So, in essence, MOVE the entire game folder (very odd that it's called "WW1", and not FirstEagles) to the root of the C drive, adjust your shortcut and try again. It's a simple experiment, and in the long run should benifit in general game playing.

But in all honesty, maybe you should upgrade you FE to FE2 in this later OS

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Wrench said:

IIRC, Jackson said he was running FE1, on a late model machine.

So, in essence, MOVE the entire game folder (very odd that it's called "WW1", and not FirstEagles) to the root of the C drive

This folder is called "WW1" instead of "First Eagles" because the official Russian localizers renamed the game to "Eagles of the First World War" and changed something in the folder structure. JacksonM installed the game from this CD (pictured). It is said this version does not lend itself to modifications.

364bb5b17e5ce2d4dfdaa0af194eb4.jpg

Edited by Crawford

51 minutes ago, Crawford said:

This folder is called "WW1" instead of "First Eagles" because the official Russian localizers renamed the game to "Eagles of the First World War" and changed something in the folder structure. JacksonM installed the game from this CD (pictured). It is said this version does not lend itself to modifications.

But right now I have English version.

When I was installing this version of the game I didn't change anything in installation path.

Edited by JacksonM

17 hours ago, Wrench said:

IIRC, Jackson said he was running FE1, on a late model machine

If 10 is similar to 7 in "how" it reads the 1stGen games, installling to the C:/ProgaramFiles places it the protected area. What we've found out for SF1 is install the game to the ROOT of the C drive (C:/FirstEagles, for example), and adjust the shortcuts as needed.

So, in essence, MOVE the entire game folder (very odd that it's called "WW1", and not FirstEagles) to the root of the C drive, adjust your shortcut and try again. It's a simple experiment, and in the long run should benifit in general game playing.

But in all honesty, maybe you should upgrade you FE to FE2 in this later OS

MY DEAR FRIEND, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! You was right!

Nobody knew everything was so simple!:smile: I already didn't believe it'll help me but now these two non-flyable aircraft appeared in list of available aircraft! Thank you again!
I didn't test it yet but that isn't the point. They had appeared! I just renamed WW1 to FirstEagles and moved it to disk "C:" .

Thanks EVERYBODY that you tried to help me fix my problem! Thank you Crawford, Wrench, Heck!

If I have any problem, I would notice you here.

• Like 1

Glad you got it fixed. Now, don't do what I did, and try to install every mod under the sun.:biggrin: If you take your time and install one at a time, you'll know what mod gives you a problem if something goes wrong. Enjoy.

Edited by Heck
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JacksonM said:

Nobody knew everything was so simple!:smile: I already didn't believe it'll help me but now these two non-flyable aircraft appeared in list of available aircraft!
I didn't test it yet but that isn't the point. They had appeared!

Accept my friendly congratulations!  :biggrin:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

Accept my friendly congratulations!  :biggrin:

Accepted. Lol:lol:

oh, I LIKE the cover art!!!

sometimes, all it takes is understanding the question, and coming up with a crazy answer!!

I"m glad that worked for you Jackson!! Happy Flying!! :pilotfly:

19 hours ago, Wrench said:

oh, I LIKE the cover art!!!

sometimes, all it takes is understanding the question, and coming up with a crazy answer!!

I"m glad that worked for you Jackson!! Happy Flying!! :pilotfly:

You're perfectly right! A really crazy answer!

Yeah, cover art is cool. Thanks for your help again. Accept my best wishes:good:

What do you think of these new hangar screens? They are not bad, aren't they?

(Made by me myself, with instruction in this WOE-styled hangars archive)

Should I make a screen for Salmson 2 and upload all them here, on combatace?

hangarscreen.thumb.jpg.a281df768020d99b9e60642121e1df70.jpg

hangarscreen2.thumb.jpg.000be62fdeb559cb824d51c4e73430a6.jpg

• Like 4

I think you should. Very nice. You've caught the modding bug. There is no known cure.:biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I agree with Heck, please make more hangar screens and upload them! (I like the shadow on the DFW better than the shadow on the Albatros.)

Congratulations on getting your technical issues worked out, I admire your persistence. 

• Like 2

good job! IIRC, that's how I got started in modding! After several thousand hangar screens.....:crazy:

my only suggestion is to make the aircraft smaller, so it won't cover up the "mission" text. On this style hangar screen, I usually use somewhere around 40% opacity for the drop shadow (see below for example, albeit for SF2)

F2J3N_Hangar.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stephen1918 said:

I agree with Heck, please make more hangar screens and upload them! (I like the shadow on the DFW better than the shadow on the Albatros.)

Congratulations on getting your technical issues worked out, I admire your persistence. 

I'm very pleased to hear it.

Yes, you're right, shadow on Albatros is very clear-cut. I noticed it and when I was making DFW screen I fixed this bug. Glad that such man as you gives me advices. Thank you very much.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wrench said:

my only suggestion is to make the aircraft smaller, so it won't cover up the "mission" text. On this style hangar screen, I usually use somewhere around 40% opacity for the drop shadow (see below for example, albeit for SF2)

Ok, I'll put your suggestion into service. Thanks.