Well, in a sense, Battletech is already in OFP, if you count the Macross as Battletech as well (Land-Air Mech anyone? :haha: )... - Then of course what would be missing is a Jetfire skin :rofl:

Other than that, I can't say that any Battletech-based mech design was in any way successful or convincing in OFP - the best were still the Wanzer series, with the odd other success also around...

Edited by TX3RN0BILL

OFP ? as in the FPS-game? I had no idea there was such a mod...man I have been missing out

I dare say that OFP is THE MOST VERSATILE game I've ever seen... there's almost EVERYTHING for OFP... your best source for OFP stuff would be OFP.info :good:

Guest Bounder

OK now I am lost is this in the game already? If so how ,and where do you get it? :blink:

Man, that looks awesome! Maybe I would finally be able to shoot down a Flanker with that thing

WHOA! the top two I MUST HAVE. it's like an Su-27/33 with F-15 engines, F-105 exhaust nozzles, and XB-70 wings!

however, how am I gonna fly I plane that I can't pronounce the name of?

I want that Wyvern. You can also fly the real one on the PS2 in Ace Combat 04, 5, and Zero.

I'd like to see how it would swing in SF. Ace Combat was a bit too far-fetched for me, but it sure was fun!

OK now I am lost is this in the game already? If so how ,and where do you get it? :blink:

It's not "ingame" from the get-go, it's an addon you have to download, then put the .pbo file in the "addons" folder of Operation Flashpoint, then you can go into the ingame editor, put in your unit (meaning the man unit that is YOU), then add the plane (preferably having selected an island with a runway, would help), and then select "preview", for a quick spin... other than that you can build complete missions with enemies flying around etc, can be done simply if you get to know the ingame editor, it's pretty user-friendly I think...

Heheh, you can go Dinosaur-hunting in an X-Wing if you'd want to in OFP... or fight Godzilla as a Samurai... Frankly there is really a lot possible in OFP... :good:

Really? Could you save me the time of typing Google and cue me on to some of the better mods for it?

cheers

OFP is kind of a Sandbox game in which most of the "curious stuff" (like the Wyvern posted above) are singular addons and not total conversion "mods" (like the possibility of adding single aircraft to WOE as opposed to installing total conversion mods).

The best site for Operation Flashpoint Addons & Mods would be http://ofp.gamepark.cz also known as OFP.info.

Use the site's search function and mostly if it exists for OFP that site has it. Other than that head over to the official BIS Forum at http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikon...1/ikonboard.cgi and use that forum's search forum before asking, but if the search function doesn't turn up anything you could try posting a question about the existance of whatever you're searching.

The reason I like OFP so much, is exactly because like in WoE I can add little bits and pieces and mix it my way, instead of just dealing with complete mods that would have something I wouldn't like etc. There are even total conversions that alter the special effects of the game etc. I won't point you to some of the best mods because I don't know which they'd be, but --> HERE <-- is a good thread of the official forum which states the best ways to modify OFP to make it a much more pleasant game than vanilla OFP...

Edit: Just discovered this crazy video on youtube, just to show what is possible with extra modifications... :

Edited by TX3RN0BILL

thanks! Maybe will have to dig that cd out again, this could get interesting

and thanks for the links!

cheers

I also have some SAF/yukikaze skins if anyone is interested.

im intrested

WTF???

That looks like a twisted Flanker-Fulcrum.

And the other is like a Su-47...If you guys start doing fancy aircraft,it would be interesting if there was Star Wars "planes"...

Like the X-Wing,Y-Wing,A-Wing,B-Wing,V-Wing,Naboo Starfighter...

THIS ISN'T STAR WARS BOY!!!

A FRICKEN x-WING WOULD LOOK SO OUT OF PLACE IN WOE OR SFP1

AT LEAST THESE ANIME DESIGNS ARE MORE CLOSE TO EARTH THEN SOME GAY LUCASARTS

STUFF.

YOU WANT THAT STUFF PLAY X-WING OR BATTLE FRONT

THIS ISN'T SPACE WERE DEALING WITH

STUFF.

I think there are many people here would disagree with you on that, in fact almost all of the Rogue Squadron games have had missions in atmospheric environments. And please don't attack another person's opinions like that if you don't agree with them. If someone felt like creating a X-wing for the TK series, you don't have to install it if you don't like it. The best part of this game is that you can do almost whatever you want with it.

Damn right...Respect everybody's thoughts and you'll be respected as well...

STUFF.

The TW engine is actually quite flexible.

And if you're looking to get IP banned, you're starting out quite nicely.

Your next post had better be an apology for your rude behavior.

Only warning.

FastCargo

You know Star Wars was what got me into sci-fi to begin with. From there I got into sci-fi anime with Macross/Robotech. The aircraft models are what drew me in so easily.

As for Yukikaze, the Sylph is still my favorite and the mave a close second. I just wish we could model the FM so you could fly backwards and shot down enemy missles while flying down a canyon. As with with any anime fan, I would like to see a valkrye in ais to air combat, maybe even somehing from macross plus. VF-19 or VF-21!

An X-wing can fly in atmossphere from it's thrust and profile lift alone. yes profile lift, lift attributed to the shape of the body. Only problem with a Star Wars mod would be TIE fighters they have no lifting surfaces at all.

Thought I'd share my two cents

Brian

Most starfighters in Star Wars got their lift capabilities in atmosphere from repulsorlifts, which are separate from the sub-light engines and hyperdrives.

Getting back on topic, would it even be possible to have something like the Banshee? I guess only as target, since in WoE at least one can fly through anything but the ground... Trees, ships, buildings... guess one couldn't land on a plane... :dntknw: