Sign in to follow this  
navychief

The anticipation is maddening!!!!!

Ok, all these new aicraft for SFP1 are on the "horizon", but when can we reasonably expect to see them?

I know, I know, be patient, Grasshopper, ....right?

I wanna fly my A-7!!!!!!!

Ok, time for a Sea Story. When I was with VA-15, we had a LCDR named "Hoggy" Monroe. He was one of the older pilots; having been in an attack squadron during Nam. Back before the end of the Cold War, the Russians used to "shadow" our carriers, and they had one of their Krivak class frigates following the carrier I was on; the USS Independence.

Well, one day LCDR Monroe was on his final approach to the Indy, and as usual the Russian Frigate was not far behind the Indy. "Hoggy" decided to wake the Russians up a little, and dropped a practice bomb in the wake of the Krivak. As soon as Hoggy landed, he was called to VA-15's Ready Room, and got his ass chewed on by the CO. Everyone in the squadron thought it was great to see the Russians shaken up a little, but it damn near caused an international incident!

True story.

Chief W.

This game really needs carrier ops! Good story btw. :)

Hey, isn't that a Viking or two on that carrier?

I may or may not add this to the game. Not sure how much good it would do. But it would look cool if not anything else.

Oh, to answer your question, I'd say probably close to a month or two for the EA-6B. To release a well modeled plane, good FM, and several skins just takes time. A sloooowww process.

Alright, bring on the "Hoover"!

Yes, there are S-3s in that picture. In fact, the very first successful 4-seat ejection happened on the Indy when I was on her. It was a cold cat shot. Happened so fast, it was amazing in retrospect.

Chief W.

Heya Cheif, why is the called the Hoover?

Well, if you listen to an S-3 Viking when it powers up, it kinda sounds like a vacuum cleaner. The other thing is, the intake is very large and so close to the deck, so the Viking is known for "vacuuming" unattentive deck hands into the opening.....

Ruins your whole outlook on life, ....permanently.

Chief W.

Chief,

Do you think this plane would make a good add-on to SFP1? What sort of role could it play, did it carry missles or anything?

Thx. If it seems doable then I just may. I love the way they look and sound. Saw some doing touch and goes at Subic Bay in 1996. Just awesome, along with Prowlers. I'm a huge fan of carrier ops. Love all the aircraft involved. (HUGE F-14 fan as well and can't wait to fly the one that someone has in the works).

The S-3 might not have missiles but I'm here to tell ya..she'll deliever ground ordanence with the best of them...and she's the stuff in ASW.not alot of respect but a truely great aircraft..right there with the A-6.

If I get enough good feedback to add her then, I will add this to the game.

Here's the Hoover launching a Mav. This was also done during Iraqi Freedom. As the Chief said though, the S-3 is a very capable bomb platform. Especially with some CBUs loaded on TERs.

ent-viking.jpg

Cbu_s.jpg

Storm

I wanna fly my A-7!!!!!!!

Hopefully you will "soon". Its progressing at a fast rate and it's getting only the best TLC. Infact I stayed up all night Monday working on the cockpit and really haven't stopped since. Major obsession is kicking-in :)

I'm probably going to do a beta release of my EA-6B without the cockpit, or at least a made cockpit waiting on mapping. I know it can take forever to get a model released but seriously, I've had so much fun flying mine even in the state it's in, I don't see any harm in releasing it this way for people to enjoy. Not saying that you should, that's just how I always am with new planes I come up with.

I'm probably going to do a beta release of my EA-6B without the cockpit, or at least a made cockpit waiting on mapping. I know it can take forever to get a model released but seriously, I've had so much fun flying mine even in the state it's in, I don't see any harm in releasing it this way for people to enjoy. Not saying that you should, that's just how I always am with new planes I come up with.

As much as I would love to fly the prowler now I would much rather wait and get the full effect of a cockpit to give me the WOW factor. IMO If a modder has the time, ability and resources to make a cockpit for his aircraft he should wait until he's built the cockpit aswell as the aircraft before releasing. Sorry if sound "pressuring" or like an "elitist". :)

In summary, I think you'll get a much better reception from the community if you release with a pit! :)

In summary, I think you'll get a much better reception from the community if you release with a pit!

True, very true.

Pretty cool how George W landed an S-3B Viking on the Abraham Lincoln (carrier) today! :D I went on the Lincoln back in 1992.