Sign in to follow this  
Target

Monitor, suggestions?

What opinion have ye? What are the 19 inch monitors like? Or would I be better off spending a little more for a 20 or 21 incher? Thanks.

22in samsung 16:10

dirt cheap, and i'm lovin it!

What does the 16:10 refer to?

That's the aspect ration.

Normal television is 4:3 aspect ratio. of you divide 768 by 1024 you get an aspect ratio of 4:3

HDTV is 16:9 aspect ratio

I've got a 19" 4:3 monitor from ViewSonic and it's great, but I'd hesitate to get a monitor that wasn't WS now.

Most newer games do/will support it, but if you play many older ones you may have some troubles, so it does depend on your intended use.

I've got a 19" 4:3 monitor from ViewSonic and it's great, but I'd hesitate to get a monitor that wasn't WS now.

Most newer games do/will support it, but if you play many older ones you may have some troubles, so it does depend on your intended use.

I've got a NEC MultiSync 75 that's 7 years old so I can run any older games on it. The only two older games that I would want to run on the new monitor will be IL2 1946 and BOB WOV, since it will be incorporated in the cockpit.

I replaced my KDS 19" CRT with this Viewsonic because the picture had deteriorated after 5 years. The blacks were gray, the colors were pale...

We have 2 monitors running at work 24 hours a day 365 days a year. We started off with 2 20" Viewsonics. 1 blew out about a year ago and we replaced it with a samsung 20". Currently we have a viewsonic with 2 years and a samsung with 1 year. i replaced the viewsonic with the samsung becasue of the quality/dollar amount of the unit. It works great.