Sign in to follow this  
FooFighters

F18E or F18 blue angels skin ?

Hi,

Is someone still working on the Super Hornet ?

And did someone already build a F18 Blue Angels Skin..

Both anwers I could not find with the search..

B.R.

FooFighters

Edited by FooFighters

Hi,

Is someone still working on the Super Hornet ?

And did someone already build a F18 Blue Angels Skin..

Both anwers I could not find with the search..

B.R.

FooFighters

The F-18 Blue Angel Skin is included in the Megapack C6 (F-18BA) and can be found at CheckSix /patches

ravenclaw_007

I think the Superhornet is being worked on by the Mirage Factory, but it's pretty far down the line. Along with the F-14D. :sad:

I started working on an F-18 blue angels skin before I knew about the C6 megapack which BPAO informed me of. He said that model is a more advanced one. I havn't had a chance lately to finish it, but it is close, and I already have BPAO and USAFMTL's permissions. I will finish it when I have a bit of time away from work. I included some mid development pics in the readme.doc of the USN modex pack that I uploaded.

I started working on an F-18 blue angels skin before I knew about the C6 megapack which BPAO informed me of. He said that model is a more advanced one. I havn't had a chance lately to finish it, but it is close, and I already have BPAO and USAFMTL's permissions. I will finish it when I have a bit of time away from work. I included some mid development pics in the readme.doc of the USN modex pack that I uploaded.

Ok.. I'll wait for the release..

For know I use the one in the C6 pack..

Thanks

FooFighters

(keep praying for a F18E)

It'd be nice for an F-18E/F. Still love the Tomcat but the Super Bug isn't bad looking at all :)

I think the Superhornet is being worked on by the Mirage Factory, but it's pretty far down the line. Along with the F-14D. :sad:

Still too far? :sad:

damn...

any links to where we can ask for completion %?

Guest Sony Tuckson

nope, and I don't think an F/A-18E is in the loop in fact, way too modern for what the game supports, avionics wise

and as said, a lot of other projects running...

Well given some stuff I've seen, it shouldn't be too hard or complicated. Sure the SH is pretty advanced, but alot of high tech planes are limited by the engine. So anyways, I talked with USAFMTL last night about the SH and he's got one lying around somewhere, and hopefully he'll send it to me so I can at least have something. He said it was poorly done, and I brought up the idea on maybe letting the public rework it. Supposedly it's uncomplete or whatever, so when I get it and go through it, I'll post details and we can go from there.

while the Mirage Factory works on the new F-14D model, there are a couple here on CA that you can use until the really good ones come along.

Speaking of that Typhoid, where is the mapping on your Tomcats for the F-14D fuel tanks? I've been working on a skin (see below) and wondering if each seperate texture is mapped on the tanks. If so where?

Well looks like around the weekend I should have the SH in hand, as USAFMTL's condition isn't too great, but it's on one of a hundred disks and naturally he's got more better things to worry about. Long and short of it, hopefully this weekend I can get it and we go from there.

Well unfortunately I was mistaken, USAFMTL said that he thought he had it, but a search among his hard drives came up empty.... :sad:

Well the only route I can possibly think of getting an SH in WoE is me biting down and buying a model at TurboSquid. Of course it requires asking for permission, but more than likely, it'd be okay, least I hope. It's quite a penny in .max format, but if there;s somebody who's willing to get it into WoE we can do that project I guess. Any takers?

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/228791

Well I had bought the above, so.....

Well I did happen to have come across it after all... Apparently it was in the many zips he sent me.

As you can see, it's crap, and just needed some more TLC from whoever made it. So I got the model from TurboSquid, and if there are some tutorials (it's MAX2, so I got MAX3.1) I could use, I'd like to know, or I'll PM the model I bought.

SH.zip

Well I at least got the new tanks in WoE. However the plane, heretofore nicknamed as "No Name Plane":

airw32.jpg

airw33.jpg

I've followed some of the basic stuff from Thirdwire, and tried just exporting the aircraft itself, but it's crashing. Is it because of poly count or?

Granted there may not be much enthusiasm towards the No Name Plane, but heck, I spent eighty bucks, so if anything, I'll use it and be done with it really.

post-5735-1174712481_thumb.jpg

Guest Saganuay

That looks good so far. At least you have it working in game. Why are you calling it the No Name Plane?

Politics, pure and simple man, alof ot the people I know don't like the Super Hornet, as in some cases (most) it's not a proper replacement for the Tomcat. Well I agree and disagree on that point. As an active duty member in the US Army, I have to deal with whatever they issue me, so I think some have to admit time moves on, and so should alot of people. Not to say that the Tomcat was a crappy plane, it's one of (and still very much is) one of my favs, just that the SH is still a good looking plane, and nothing wrong with admiring beauty. Another thing, the model in the screenshots and the wireframe are two different things, I'm trying to get the wireframe to replace what's in the screenies.

Well apparently the already mapped texture works, so:

airw36.jpg

Well apparently the already mapped texture works, so:

airw36.jpg

LOOKS NICE, BUT THE DIMENSIONS APPEAR TO BE HIGHLY INACCURATE. THE FORWARD CENTER FUSELAGE ACTUALLY HAS A SMALLER DIAMETER THAN THE BABY HORNET'S, SO THAT SHOULD BE DOWNSIZED. THE WINGTIP PYLONS ARE TOO LARGE, AS ARE THE WING STRAKES AND EVEN THE WINGS THEMSELVES. NEEDS TO BE FINE TUNED, LIKE THEY DID WITH OUR BABY HORNET. :wink::biggrin:

Edited by SidDogg

Okay first, NO CAPS. Second of all, the model is "as is" meaning it sucks, will continue to suck, unless a) somebody helps me get the model I spent 80 bucks for into there, or B) makes one themselves. I can't find the original MAX model as to include the things you suggested, the fuselage needs to be bigger by a bit, the intakes area all wrong, mapping needs to be redone. That's along with the noted stuff. So sorry until it's worked on, then we can have a decent model. Unless you know how to convert from LOD to MAX, then we can get down to business. Plus the two inner pylons aren't offset by 9 degrees, nor are they spaced properly, due to the LERX being all jacked up. But I am working on at least improving the skin. The ini file had to be edited, weight-wise, and god forbid I show you the cockpit. I had to use a regular Bug cockpit so I can at least have something reasonable...

Oh yes, the tank model and texture (unedited) is via Mesh Factory, so if I do go public with this joker eventually, then that at least is by them..

And to reiterate again, I know it sucks, and mentioned when I first showed shots. Since I cannot get my model to work, you will continue to see this sucking model.

Guest Saganuay82

Ah OK, good luck. Name it whatever, I'm sure it will have lots of downloads when you release it. I'm sure alot of people loved the old carrier birds from days gone by. But they are gone. Now if we had them in the Canadian Forces, you would have expected to see them for another 20+ years.

Flanker, that looks pretty good so far, and I for one can't ait to download it when you release it.

I emailed Daisuke Yamoto a while back, who made the superhornets (E, F & G) for FS2004, to see if he would be willing to convert his bird to SF but I never got a reply. It's nice to see someone took up the baton.

OT: SidDogg, I sent you a pm re. your A-6E skin pack got no reply yet. (why don't people answer my emails?)