I've started with Le Missioneur and wanted to just learn how to land on carriers, nothing fancy, so I set up the ships and aircraft. Now when I started I was above the carrier, and no power. Something I need to do?

I've started with Le Missioneur and wanted to just learn how to land on carriers, nothing fancy, so I set up the ships and aircraft. Now when I started I was above the carrier, and no power. Something I need to do?

I would like to help you but I realy don't know what you are asking for!

Sorry, I'm trying to takeoff from the carrier so I can learn how to trap in WoE.

Sorry, I'm trying to takeoff from the carrier so I can learn how to trap in WoE.

you have to set the mission up for a carrier launch.

have you downloaded and read the tutorial?

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=2679

read the section on setting up carrier missions. There are several extra steps you have to take.

good luck.

Thanks, with Le Missioneur you have to select "Must take off from airfield" and select:

post-5735-1174699592_thumb.jpg

Got 2 carriers in WOE now, and using the KMD editor. Now, cat lauches are fine, but for some reason I am not trapping! I am flying by the book, with a carrier capable bird, is there a .ini entry I am missing?

I also d/l the Task Force 1, with the Big E, but I seem to be missing some tetures, the island/SH-3/ and elevators are white?

Also, are the cruisers landable?

I've been using the CVA-63, and this is a "successful" trap:

Woe21.jpg

Got 2 carriers in WOE now, and using the KMD editor. Now, cat lauches are fine, but for some reason I am not trapping! I am flying by the book, with a carrier capable bird, is there a .ini entry I am missing?

I also d/l the Task Force 1, with the Big E, but I seem to be missing some tetures, the island/SH-3/ and elevators are white?

Also, are the cruisers landable?

i've been using both the CV63 and CVAN65 models along with some older ones in earlier periods. I haven't seen the white pieces.

traps are hard, as they are in real life. (there are a few that still cause nightmares 20 years later!)

in the sim, though, there is a problem in that the carriers don't seem to turn into the wind correctly. They turn directly into the wind and put the wind down the axial. In the real world the CAG would have the OOD for lunch real quick if he did that. The carrier turns to put the wind down the angle so that there is no cross-wind component on final.

Thanks T, I'm a prior Navy helo guy with one S-3 cat/trap. I'm just missing one texture file that didnt uncompress for the Big E, I also downloaded the Stennis, so I'll try swapping that out. I remember everything working in SFP1 a few years ago.

As I said, I am landing on speed on glideslope, straight down the landing area on centerline, but doesnt seem to working, basically doing touch n goes now, full power/speedbrakes in and back around for another shot. I checked th aircraft .ini files, and they all have "arresting hook" in the right place.

Thanks T, I'm a prior Navy helo guy with one S-3 cat/trap. I'm just missing one texture file that didnt uncompress for the Big E, I also downloaded the Stennis, so I'll try swapping that out. I remember everything working in SFP1 a few years ago.

As I said, I am landing on speed on glideslope, straight down the landing area on centerline, but doesnt seem to working, basically doing touch n goes now, full power/speedbrakes in and back around for another shot. I checked th aircraft .ini files, and they all have "arresting hook" in the right place.

I've got 246 traps myself, plus one in the real F-18E simulator.

Dont' know what you're missing. Sounds like you got it wired right. You are dropping the hook?

:dntknw:

Well that's cool, but you got some tips and tricks for non-Navy airjocks? I've done the Su-33 in LOMAC and can trap real good now, but since I don't know how to do it in an F-14 I need some help....

Well that's cool, but you got some tips and tricks for non-Navy airjocks? I've done the Su-33 in LOMAC and can trap real good now, but since I don't know how to do it in an F-14 I need some help....

by trapping, do you mean aboard the Kuznetzov?

it should be pretty much the same for an F-14, or anything else, coming aboard.

of course if you get a little low and slow......

Yeah I mean the Kuz. It used to be real difficult but once I got it, I've been doing night, day traps, some inclement weather. It's just easy. The problem I'm having is my stabs jack up the up trim, so I'm more or less fighting the aircraft, and not concentrating on snagging the wire. Moving isn't too big of an issue but still, if you can do over 200 and so on, then it shouldn't be to hard in the sim.

And yeah I've done some real bad landings, smacked into the tail, etc.

Should've known to pull out my trusty Tomcat from the get go! Ok 3-wire first pass! Now I need to get some of the birds working, like the EA-6B.

I'm deployed, so our very slow server only lets me get a few megs of downloads. Just having issues lately of .rar files not uncompressing right, missing .bmp sometimes, which explains the untextured portions on CVAN-65.

Well so far the best route is from the mirror, not so much the actual download link. We've had issues as well as me, and so far right now there's not move to fix it.

Should've known to pull out my trusty Tomcat from the get go! Ok 3-wire first pass! Now I need to get some of the birds working, like the EA-6B.

I'm deployed, so our very slow server only lets me get a few megs of downloads. Just having issues lately of .rar files not uncompressing right, missing .bmp sometimes, which explains the untextured portions on CVAN-65.

you're deployed? where at and doing what, shipmate?

Sandbox again, I fly Medevac. Did the switch from the Navy to the Army for some reason, trying to go back to the Navy.

Sandbox again, I fly Medevac. Did the switch from the Navy to the Army for some reason, trying to go back to the Navy.

thank you for your service, shipmate!

Best of luck you to. Hope you understand that I pray both for your safe return and that you don't have occasion to meet my son......

:cool:

Lemme guess, you're in 2-4/3-4 or 404th?

We have several Med units here, we just recently switched over to 1st Cav.

Ahh okay, I'm enroute to Hood myself, though I'll be in 1ID again. So I guess you're going to have fun with the horse, or the horse is going to have fun with you ;)

Well I finally figured out the issue with landings. Instead of dropping the flaps for landing, and leaving them on "takeoff" I got more controllability when making my run. Unfortunately I came in too low and clipped my landing gear off, but it's a lot better now :smile:

Well I finally figured out the issue with landings. Instead of dropping the flaps for landing, and leaving them on "takeoff" I got more controllability when making my run. Unfortunately I came in too low and clipped my landing gear off, but it's a lot better now :smile:

huh?

meaning you landed with flaps set for takeoff?

then went low in close with results something like this?

Flanker, if you are bringing the Tomcat onboard, you'll want everything out! Full flaps and speedbrake.