Sign in to follow this  
Bananimal

Modified External Stores LOD and Flyby View Ready!

Hi peeps,

I've recently edited the Viewlist.ini file to create a flyby view that is zoomable as well as longer. It's very very cool and adds a lot to the game. Problem is when I edited the viewlist.ini file the external stores wouldn'rt show up until the aircraft was 1000 feet away. So, I fixed that too! Now your weapons will never dissappear when flying off into the sunset.

Can anyone tell me how to push this stuff up to this site so that you folks can enjoy these two great mods!

great work...to upload it go to the main biohaz page and look on the menu on the left side of page..you'll see the upload file button.might take a day to 2 to show up as MJ is moving.

Cool beans.....The file has been pushed up to the site. You guys should see it in a couple of days!

You can also attach it to this message with the attach file option while posting a message. Try it! ;)

Oh my gosh, but it "woiks" GREAT!!!!!

Thanks, Bananimal! The view is utterly fantastic!

Chief W.

Ok I put the viewlist.ini file in the FLIGHT directory, and I know it over-rides the one in the cab file, but my fly-by looks the same and no zoom control. Any ideas???

S!

Ok I put the viewlist.ini file in the FLIGHT directory, and I know it over-rides the one in the cab file, but my fly-by looks the same and no zoom control. Any ideas???

S!

Hmm...never had that problem....You might try deleting the Viewlist.ini in the flight directory and replacing it with mine again. Did you not have one there to overwrite in the first place? Baffling!

No there was not a viewlist.ini file in the flight directory. It was still in the CAB file, I had not extracted them all. I will try putting the file in there again (your file). But Im almost positive the one in there is the one that came with the zip file.

Will try again.

S!

I was thinking this as well....Are you using the same default zoom keys or have you mapped them to something else?

This is great! Thanks. Makes it way better. You can get some incredible views with this. I saved all my own mods as well. :D

WHOA! I feel another movie comin on... :D

To get the external stores visible at all distances, you have to increase the LOD distances of the weapons and fuel tanks. Extract all ini files form the Object.Cat. Open the ini files and increase the LOD distances. I use 99999999 for the first LOD entry and the same number for all others as well. The point behind that is that when you use the distance number of the first LOD for all others, this object will be displayed with the highest detail at all distances. I did the same for all weapons, vehicles, buildings and planes. I think my externals are always visible, even when i zoom in. The only thing you can't change is that airport vacilities and the whole base dissapear at a certain distance, planes do the same. We can't change the max drawing distance yet.

I've already included the mod for Weapons LOD in the modi itself. It's done for you. Good pointers though for those who haven't figured it out yet.

Guest capun

Bananimal

I was looking at you viewlist ini since I have made some mods myself. I wanted to add your mods only.

You mention to change the FlyBy and the Chase view. I don't know which chase view you are referring.

Most important is that I would like to get the info on your snapviews. What are the snapview control and angle modifiers, how they work and how are they activated (key/joystick)

[View008]

ViewName=SnapViewFront

ViewClassName=SnapViewClass

UpdateAlways=FALSE

ViewGotoControl=SNAP_VIEW_FRONT

CycleNextControl=

CyclePrevControl=

ObjectFrom=SearchAircraft

AngleOffsets=0.0,0.0,0.0

UpModifierControl=SNAP_VIEW_UP

UpModifierAngle=30

DownModifierControl=SNAP_VIEW_DOWN

DownModifierAngle=-20

RightModifierControl=SNAP_VIEW_RIGHT

RightModifierAngle=45

LeftModifierControl=SNAP_VIEW_LEFT

LeftModifierAngle=-45

Thanks

Capun. Which entry is responsible for the flyby view? I'd like to make it last a little bit longer as well.

Thanks!

Capun,

My bad....Look for the "external view" and the "Flybyview" Sections in the file.

[ViewClass005]

ViewClassName=FlybyViewClass

[ViewClass004]

ViewClassName=ExternalViewClass

Just copy these sections over the existing sections. Basically what I did was take the Tower view and Flyby view and used the best components of both then renamed it "Flybyview". Works pretty good. If you want to make the flyby last even longer increase the numerical value for the following modifiers:

MaxObjectDistance=XXXX

ResetTime=XX.X

As far as the Snap Views I never touched them so you should be good to go there!

Guest capun

Bananimal

Thanks for the reply. As for the snapview, Mine does not match yours and I thought it was the default values. It may a problem with all of the changes done. I try to add a comment to my changes but sometimes ....

I have found another great setting which improves the external view (IMO). Change the line TrackObjectRoll=FALSE to TRUE. When you go to the external view and your plane upside down or at a high bank angle, the camera moves with the plane and it looks like as if you are looking at the plane from another plane flying side by side. Looks awesome, esp. in low level.

Looks cool heh :). Such options are available for some other views as well. Just take a look and change them at will.