Sign in to follow this  
bwRavencl

Sukhoi SU-34 Platypus

Hmmm. A-6 or A-7, which is uglier? :grin:

A-7 and effen proud of it!!

SLUF forever!!!

Well, with regards to the A-6, they say the pointy end is supposed to be at the front of the aircraft. The bigger the nose the uglier the plane. As for the A-7, it kinda looks like the smaller, pudgy, akward looking sibling of a supermodel.

And highlyflammable, I got one word for you: Bollocks! :crazy: The Su-34 is a slice of fried gold my friend! You wanna talk ugly, look at what the Poms did to the hunter when making a dual seat version! Downright sacrilegious... :biggrin: I think the Su-34 is one of the only side by side family models that doesn't look like its suffering from a case of gigantism.

Well, with regards to the A-6, they say the pointy end is supposed to be at the front of the aircraft. The bigger the nose the uglier the plane. As for the A-7, it kinda looks like the smaller, pudgy, akward looking sibling of a supermodel.

And highlyflammable, I got one word for you: Bollocks! :crazy: The Su-34 is a slice of fried gold my friend! You wanna talk ugly, look at what the Poms did to the hunter when making a dual seat version! Downright sacrilegious... :biggrin: I think the Su-34 is one of the only side by side family models that doesn't look like its suffering from a case of gigantism.

i agree the su-34 is probably the best looking side-by-side seat aircraft, as for the competition between the a-6 and a-7, the a-6 wins hands-down, though in performance i like it a lot more, the a-7 is sort of like a crusader that came out of the factory wrong and since the crusader is one of my favorite planes im giving the corsair some leniancy, but i think my favorite plane is the farmer

i agree the su-34 is probably the best looking side-by-side seat aircraft, as for the competition between the a-6 and a-7, the a-6 wins hands-down, though in performance i like it a lot more, the a-7 is sort of like a crusader that came out of the factory wrong and since the crusader is one of my favorite planes im giving the corsair some leniancy, but i think my favorite plane is the farmer

Actually, the two U.S. aircrafts that are side by side that look really good are the B-1 and B-2. Granted, they're not fighter jets, but they're not ugly either for being a bomber.

Actually, the two U.S. aircrafts that are side by side that look really good are the B-1 and B-2. Granted, they're not fighter jets, but they're not ugly either for being a bomber.

I'm prolly a minority of one, but I gotta say that I think the Buff looks pretty damn fine for a side by sider, warts and all. But yeah, I was talking fast movers. :tongue:

The K wasnt sooooo ugly... :tongue:

a-7corsair2-07.jpg

I think the A-7K isnt a bad looking version of the A-7 family! But that SU-27/33 KUB looks like a SU-34 testbed to me.

Edited by Falcon161

I'm prolly a minority of one, but I gotta say that I think the Buff looks pretty damn fine for a side by sider, warts and all. But yeah, I was talking fast movers. :tongue:

Uh, bro, the B-1 is a fast moving piece of sexy metal. So I do consider it as a fast mover. I know you meant fighters when you said that, but these fighters you're talking about are also bombers as well. So I think the B-1 does deserve to be in this catagory. :tongue: <<<<< back at ya! :grin:

Uh, bro, the B-1 is a fast moving piece of sexy metal. So I do consider it as a fast mover. I know you meant fighters when you said that, but these fighters you're talking about are also bombers as well. So I think the B-1 does deserve to be in this catagory. :tongue: <<<<< back at ya! :grin:

Ah phooey! :tongue: You know what i meant. :biggrin:

I think the A-7K isnt a bad looking version of the A-7 family! But that SU-27/33 KUB looks like a SU-34 testbed to me.

The Su-34 will replace the Su-24 as a long-range interdiction plane. It will fill the same roles as the F-111 and F-15E. I'm sure its performance compared to a regular Flanker is similar to the Beagle's performance compared to the standard F-15C.

The Su-33KUB is a combat-capable trainer (hence the large nose radar the 34 doesn't have) for teaching carrier ops. It's literally a 33 with a 2nd seat but side-by-side instead of front-back. The last plane I can think of that did that was the TF-102, actually.

Matter of fact, the Su-34 came before the -33KUB, not the other way around.

Ok I got it now! But as an american the SU-33KUB in the side by side araingement would seem a little akward. But the araingement probably helps with the training helping the instructor see what the rookie pilot is doing wright or wrong.

But as an american the SU-33KUB in the side by side araingement would seem a little akward.

Actually, up until very recently, the US Air Force's primary jet trainer was a side by side seat. In a lot of ways, it was preferred because you (as the IP) can see exactly what the student is doing.

FastCargo

I never knew that. What trainer is it?

That must have been the Cessna T-37.

Actually, up until very recently, the US Air Force's primary jet trainer was a side by side seat. In a lot of ways, it was preferred because you (as the IP) can see exactly what the student is doing.

FastCargo

A few other aircraft that had side by side seating were the A-6 and the F-111. While I was in Navy NFO training I was told that this aided in crew coordination. Albeit that our primary trainer was the T-34C!

Skelator

Do you think they will make a trainer version of the F/A-22 Raptor? Or are they going to rely on simulater time?

Do you think they will make a trainer version of the F/A-22 Raptor? Or are they going to rely on simulater time?

I doubt it. Modern aircraft (even fighters) are easy to fly...proper employment is the hard part.

For the USAF, F-15 and F-16 dual control sorties are only a small part of the syllabus. The F-117 and A-10 don't even have dual seat models (the N/AW A-10 prototype doesn't count).

FastCargo

Edited by FastCargo

Unlikely. Otherwise they would have already produced one.

Also, I doubt that nowadays it's necessary to have a specific trainer version of each fighter design in use.

Just remember how they did the training for the F-117.

Officialy Raptor Doesent have a trainer version...I think the pillots fly in Eagles wich raptor avionic or fly in a simulator.

and the just two seatters version of Raptor than i see was the FB-22 Raptor^^

Yeah but wasnt the FB-22 just a prototype and never went into production? And I found out that the first squadrons that got the F-22 used to fly the Eagle, so they might have some control simularities.

The FB-22 "may" happen, but it's not even planned at this point.

The F-22B 2-seater was planned but was dropped years ago, well before any prototype would've been built, as too expensive for how many they'd be building. It was felt that F-15D's and simulators would be sufficient, especially as the 22 was going to be the easiest to "fly", and learning to fight follows after.

Matter of fact, the Su-34 came before the -33KUB, not the other way around.

That's because the 34 is just a new name for the 27IB. :grin: