Sign in to follow this  

can any one help on useing cat extractor? i can extract files and modify them in notepad but dont know how to return them to cat file

THANKS

can any one help on useing cat extractor? i can extract files and modify them in notepad but dont know how to return them to cat file

THANKS

You do not replace them in the *.cat file, you place the edited files in their corresponding folder. In the case of an aircraft's data.ini, that would be in it's named folder. under objects/aircraft/the aircraft's folder (F-4E, etc.). The game will always read the data in the .ini files outside the catalog archive (cat file), first.

And if one could recompress an edited file back into the catalog arhive it originated from, you'd be accomplishing little more than defeating one of the best "foolproofing" schemes in the industry.

THANKS

you don't have to return them to the file. Just save them in the file they were extracted to.

Edited by tank03

you don't have to return them to the file. Just save them in the file they were extracted to.

That's not exactly accurate, as the cat extractor will always extract aircraft data.inis and loadout inis will into the objects folder by default, whereas those files need to be placed in the specific aircraft's folder (after one edits them) in order for them to work properly.

That's not exactly accurate, as the cat extractor will always extract aircraft data.inis and loadout inis will into the objects folder by default, whereas those files need to be placed in the specific aircraft's folder (after one edits them) in order for them to work properly.

Yes, my mistake. Thanks for catching and correcting that.

soo i put the extracted files in the original folder it came out of?

cause i have the extracted terrain folders for the CTD fix and idk if thts how it works

Help CAT extrator does not work for me. It says extraced to folder but I do not see the file.

:sorry:

Help CAT extrator does not work for me. It says extraced to folder but I do not see the file.

:sorry:

It's there. just hit the "F5" key to refresh explorer, and you should see it.

It's there. just hit the "F5" key to refresh explorer, and you should see it.

Thanks! I'll try that later. I did a right click ---> refresh but no joy.

Thanks! I'll try that later. I did a right click ---> refresh but no joy.

Ok my cat extractor does not work.

Can anyone send me the .ini files with the fixes already?

I'm so depressed.

Edited by jomni

I've googled arround for friggin' ages and can't find any homepage that has the cat extractor. Can anyone post a link?

is there a forum for tech support for the extractor, or can someone tell me how to fix my error, whenever i go to select the .cat file that is to be extracted, it gives me a message

"application terminated, error. error calling external object function readbytes"

and then it crashes, so i cant do it, so how do i fix this?

and sry for extreme necroposting, but i didnt want to make a new forum with the same name as an old 1

Edited by linkxsc

The Knowledge Base is your friend....

assuming this is for using Skypat's Extractor, and for 1st Gen sims (note-absolutely does NOT work on SF2 series):

http://forum.combatace.com/topic/32706-using-skypats-cat-extraction-tool/

Gerwins for NextGens has pretty simple to follow instructions in it's readme

wrench

kevin stein

The Knowledge Base is your friend....

assuming this is for using Skypat's Extractor, and for 1st Gen sims (note-absolutely does NOT work on SF2 series):

http://forum.combata...xtraction-tool/

Gerwins for NextGens has pretty simple to follow instructions in it's readme

wrench

kevin stein

thx, but i did look in the knowledge base, couldn't find anything about Girwin's one which is the 1 i needed to use (SF2 europe)

thx, but i did look in the knowledge base, couldn't find anything about Girwin's one which is the 1 i needed to use (SF2 europe)

You will find it here: CatPack