Trailing smoke, missing a few parts

post-18248-1175577594_thumb.jpg

Made it Home!

post-18248-1175577605_thumb.jpg

Fun mission to fly, Thanks. I think I'll try this with Bort's

Avro 504's next, that should be interesting. :grin:

First Eagles mission 'Hitting the Zeppelins' for Flanders terrain uploaded

here at Combat Ace.

Hi any idea the mission hitting the Zeppelin's has not shown up in load mission. Have the flanders terrain and Sopwith plaane. thanks

Guest capun
Hi any idea the mission hitting the Zeppelin's has not shown up in load mission. Have the flanders terrain and Sopwith plaane. thanks

Do you have our (A-Team) Camel? If not the mission won't show up. If you don't, you need to edit the mission and change it to the Camel found here

If we had 'Parasol' one could make that crazy mission involving bombing a flying Zeppelin at 7000 feet :wink:

Do you have our (A-Team) Camel? If not the mission won't show up. If you don't, you need to edit the mission and change it to the Camel found here

Hi sorted it out, I was running the Terrain Mod Changer and the Flanders Terrain Folder was in my Mods Folder. I just put it in the Terrain folder and all is well. One to look out for if ones running the Terrain mod changer. Many thanks for the reply. Great Mission.

Wow, Mr' D what a great mission, had a run with Borts Avro, as I see BWF's gonna try, took a couple of go's...that flak is intense!! What fun, thank you so much, another excellent addition to an excellent game.

Mountain-man

...that flak is intense!!

Yes, thanks for an entertaining mission... I think you mentioned in the readme you had trouble keeping your flight together from take-off. I tried it and had no issues, I just kept hitting tab>3 every once in a while and kept the throttle at 75 to 85%, AI compatriots do not seem to like it any faster...

As far as ack-ack goes, I did not experience anything much (certainly not the level I expected around Zep hangers) but I've learned that user experience can be drastically different in this game, even from day to day, mission to mission.

Then again, I loaded up with rockets, sent the flight in ahead of me at the last moment :blush: , and then tree-topped it in and bagged nearly all of them on the 3 fields in close proximity. All my wing came back safely (even after getting jumped by Albs), and me pilot got the VC for the mission, YEAH!!! :clapping:

I have Flanders in my terrains folder,

I have A Team Camel

Hitting the Zeps is in my mission folder

Cannot find it on create mision or load mission load out screen,

Help

Peter the only two things that come to mind are... you didn't accidently stick the whole mission folder in rather than just the file???..# 2..have you flown the flanders terr. with that aircraft in create a mission to make sure those variables are O.K.?? If that doesn't solve it I'm at a loss, didn't have any problems on this end......food for thought!! hope you get it running, it's a lot of fun.

mountain-man

Wow, Mr' D what a great mission, had a run with Borts Avro, as I see BWF's gonna try, took a couple of go's...that flak is intense!! What fun, thank you so much, another excellent addition to an excellent game.

Mountain-man

I hope to create an uploadable with the Avro next. I've tried with the Nieuport 11 using rockets, but it wasn't really successful.

The flak (enemy SAM in the game, and archie in the period - take your pick) is set at heavy. I think the ground skill can probably be tweaked on top of that if anyone wants more.

Edited by dhasdell

Yes, thanks for an entertaining mission... I think you mentioned in the readme you had trouble keeping your flight together from take-off. I tried it and had no issues, I just kept hitting tab>3 every once in a while and kept the throttle at 75 to 85%, AI compatriots do not seem to like it any faster...

As far as ack-ack goes, I did not experience anything much (certainly not the level I expected around Zep hangers) but I've learned that user experience can be drastically different in this game, even from day to day, mission to mission.

Then again, I loaded up with rockets, sent the flight in ahead of me at the last moment :blush: , and then tree-topped it in and bagged nearly all of them on the 3 fields in close proximity. All my wing came back safely (even after getting jumped by Albs), and me pilot got the VC for the mission, YEAH!!! :clapping:

The problems with the AI's is well taken, shortly after takeoff the 3 idiots in my flight wandered

off as a group some where towards Ypres and eventualy returned to base, bombs still in their "racks".

Repeated rejoin commands didn't have any effect on them, don't think they even crossed the Front,

just wandered around for a bit and then went home. Of course they were arrested, charged, convicted

and shot "For having shown Bad Form during time of War"(LOL). 'B' flight did make it to the target

area but I don't know where they dropped their bombs, probably in some damn'd beet field, the

De-brief claimed only two Zeps destroyed. Defensive machine gun fire was severe, I went into

the target area low(200ft) and fast, pitched the "Coopers" into the mooring area and then dove

for the deck jinking all the way as I departed the target area to the north, my machine constantly

being hit untill I was out of range. Turned towards the sea about two miles north of the Zep base

and had the satisfaction of seeing the moored Zeps in flames. I then took stock of my situation,

engine trailing smoke, lower Port and upper starboard wingtips and both starboard ailerons shot

away. Wiggled the stick around a bit and found I still had fair control(FM on hard). I elected to fly

the "searoute" home fully expecting my engine to either burst into flames or explode. Neither

happened(very surprised by that) and I landed safely back to base.

Even with the AI being near useless, this Zep mission is a great deal of fun to fly. :good::good:

About that AI problem. There is a bug in the Bomb Target type missions. If you take off on auto pilot the rest of your flight will not follow the waypoints and tend to just fly out on the initial heading, climbing steadily. However if you manually fly through the first two waypoints before going to auto pilot your flight will follow. This happens on any Bomb Target mission with any aircraft if you try and take off on auto pilot from the ground.

About that AI problem. There is a bug in the Bomb Target type missions. If you take off on auto pilot the rest of your flight will not follow the waypoints and tend to just fly out on the initial heading, climbing steadily. However if you manually fly through the first two waypoints before going to auto pilot your flight will follow. This happens on any Bomb Target mission with any aircraft if you try and take off on auto pilot from the ground.

Thanks Tailspin - that's useful to know. Next time, then, I'll have a couple of waypoints close to the takeoff and mention it in the readme.

As far as your mission goes the waypoints are fine. This is a bug in the sim as it does the same thing for randomly generated "Bomb Target" single missions. It only happens in Bomb Target missions. I mentioned it to TK before the last patch. BTW I love the sunrise start you've implemented. Great job! :good:

So to get it straight, if we take off manually the flight will follow, and if we shift to autopilot after the second waypoint they will continue to do so? My thinking about adjusting the waypoints was so that that would happen sooner after takeoff.

I think once you fly manually to waypoint #2 then your flight should follow and its OK to go to auto pilot. Usually #2 waypoints are close to the airfields anyway. I've not tested this extensively but its working so far.