Sign in to follow this  
navychief

Wingfold for upcoming aircraft models?

Just a question for the fine folks who are designing the I-hope-to-be-forthcoming-soon aircraft addons for SFP1.

Will the Navy aircraft that will be added be capable of wingfold?

I am hopeful that carrier ops will be an added feature, and wingfold would surely be a great plus.

Chief W.

Guest Ranger332

Once its done on one it will be easy to dom on the others (example the opening canopies)

As long as the modeller knows what he's doing, it won't be a problem. It's really very easy. Just a matter of breaking the wing up into proper sections (AND flight controls, this get's a bit tedious). You have to not only do lots of PIVOT editing in Max to get things exact, then you get to go into the data.ini file and properly call out everything so the game makes it animate.

The end result is very satisfying though and is worth the effort.

For the Prowler's wings I had to animate 4 speedbrakes, 4 spoilers, 4 slats, 4 flaps, and two ailerons, and then do the wing folding and hope that it would all work!! I'm very glad this sim is capable of all this stuff.

Great fun. :D

I will animate the A-7B's outer wings to fold up, but I probably won't tie it to the data file until a time when it's needed i.e if/when carriers are made possible.

Cheers

Come on!! Gotta promote "eye candy" for these guys. :P