Sign in to follow this  
gumpy

Albatros Missions?

I just downloaded the Albatros Missons pack put them in the missions folder,When I try to fly one of them I seem to end up halfway in the cockpit with the guns over my head on the inside of the aircraft.Anyone have any addvice?

I just downloaded the Albatros Missons pack put them in the missions folder,When I try to fly one of them I seem to end up halfway in the cockpit with the guns over my head on the inside of the aircraft.Anyone have any addvice?

My first guess is going to be replace your Albatros Plane folder. save your skins off to a temp folder and replace the whole plane folder. I think that will solve your problem.

If those are the ones I posted, it was very early on, before either patch was released. It's possible there's a connection, but I should think it's your Albatros needs looking at, as Firecage suggests.

gumpy...If all else fails you can manipulate the cockpit seat position by changing the numbers in the appropriate cockpit.ini.

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=AlbatrosD5a_Cockpit.LOD

HideExternalNodeName=cockpit

OpenCockpit=TRUE

ExternalClipDistMin=0.10

Position=0.0,-1.15,0.70 --------> first number is left/right, second is fore/aft, third is up/down.

Offset=0.00,0.00,0.00

ViewAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

Since you say you are halfway in with the guns over your head you need to move further aft and up. If you are using the .ini files provided with the missions, those utilize the Fokker DVII pit. You will need to extract the DVII cockpit.ini from the ObjectData.cat file.

I tried Tailspin's Idea no luck,I'd like to try Firecage's Idea, but what Albatros plane folder do I put back for the one I delete?

The missions are all for the DVa. Did you have the DVa flyable before installing the missions? If so which cockpit were you using?

Yes the dva was flyable before I installed the missions and it didnt have a cockpit when you looked down all you could see was wing roots and air.

Ok here's where I,m at I now seem to be seated correctly in the cockpit but I have no cockpit all I can see is wing roots and air under me also the rim of the cockpit. This seems to be the case with all my Albatros models.

Is there a cockpit folder in your DVa aircraft folder?

Thanks for all your suggestions guys.I have everything worked out now.It took a fishing trip and a nap to clear my head and work out the problem.Those 10 hour work days are killers.