Sign in to follow this  
Polak

PolaksPRDesert2.zip

PolaksPRDesert2.zip

Polak'sNewDesert2

Date: 04.01.2007

Author: Polak

INTRO:

This is set of Terrain HiRez 512x512 textures for Desert Terrains for SF:P1 game freeware only.

INSTALLATION:

Just copy all to Desert Terrain in your SF:P1 folder.

NOTES:

In order to see newly made water effects put the Textures, Effects, Densities and Resolutions to High (specially Water Quality). If you find it choppy then lower all settings gradually

until satisfied. Avoid Medium Water Quality as it produce not too

appealing look.

Thanks for all who made this Project possible, especially Gepard for providing inspiration by producing his outstanding Israel2 terrain. Also thanks to Deuces who helped as usual with TEROBJECT_BUILDINGS. This version of Tiles has no TODs with trees as those will follow in later revision.

Enjoy!

YES!!!!!!!!! Another MUST HAVE from Polak!!!!!!! :good:

I give it 5 of 5 my man...... superb work!!!!! :clapping:

:good::good::good:

'been waiting for this. Thanks! :good:

Yooha !!!!!! This is it...

When flying really low, you expect to start a dust storm any moment. And I LOVE the mountaineous teraain to the west.

Thanks very much !!

Aju,

Derk :yes: :yes: :yes:

Great stuff, no FPS loss either, and it was nice, but the amount of greenery though wasn't expected.. Anyways :good:

Polak, you've hit another home run with this terrain. I cannot begin to telll you how much it adds to the immersiveness when flying at low level.

Guest Saganuay82

Great terrain. Its just tiles correct? Your terrain can be added or vice versa to the Desert Target Zone?

Great terrain. Its just tiles correct? Your terrain can be added or vice versa to the Desert Target Zone?

Thank you all for support.

Yes, it is just tiles and nothing else. Though, as mentioned in Readme they were done for Gepard's recent terrain. In fact he is working on new desert stuff as well as making labourous and time consuming corrections to cities which as you can perhaps notice are in some instancies little off. Still I have to emphasize that without His hard work on terrain this tileset would not be as much fun to use as perhaps it is now and even further could be in future, if further improved.

Time permitting I am planing to remake it once again, but this time that would be more extensive Project than ever (roads, powerlines, pipelines and other elements).

As far as tiles being too green... It is valid point. They turned out to be that way, but mainly because of the configiration of terrain tiles which I had not too much control over. If there was another "nature" transitioning forested fields to fields maybe grassland and then to desert - all would look more naturally. This is the reason why I am thinking about one more update to this desert interpretation of mine.

So meanwhile, try to have fun with what available ( and try the water at high level).

The biggest problem I've had with this terrain mod is that I spend most of my flight time looking around at the beautiful scenery, instead of looking for targets or bad guys! The water effect is dazzling, too. Thanks again, Polak.

Guest Saganuay82

Desert Targetzone and your tiles....beauty. It is quite green but oh well. It's different and better than the stock.

Great work Polak!

I seem to be having a problem where the sea tile shows up as gray, I think its the alpha channel for some reason. I have no clue why its doing this. I dragged and dropped the sea1.tga, terraineffect.fx, watereffect.fx, waternormal.bmp, and noisenormal.bmp into a version of Deuce's Euro Desert for testing purposes.

great terrain :wink: