Sign in to follow this  
FOTF

anyone playing SH4?

I haven't heard much about this....is anyone out there playing this?

I bought it four day's after it was released. It has a couple of bugs, which I'm sure will be cured in time with update patches. It's almost like going back in time to 1941,the graphics and the scenery are fantastic,the gameplay is also good. I could not believe my eye's the first time I sank a Japanese ship, as it was going down they were actually launching life boats off the side of the ship. For anybody out there who wants to buy this game,but are worried about all the negative talk on some of the forums, just remember UBISOFT is always updating and patching their games.

TAW is playing it...you might check them out at TAW

I am planning on it... I used to play the old DOS Silent Hunter... :yes: I can't wait to see this new one...

How does it compare to the old, DOS, MPS, sim Silent Service. I had a blast with that one. Good graphics and a full selection of historical campains missions and boats. :ph34r: CL

post-11823-1177271695_thumb.jpg

Game play is highly similar to the old DOS SH. Graphics are really cool! Free camera allows for some awesome screenshots... There are some bugs, but it is similar to any modern sim, in that it was released before it was actually "done"... Still, it is a blast to play, bugs and all... :yes: I will try to post some screenshots later this week...

The question is does it compare to Silent Hunter III ? which I just by sheer luck found a brand new DVD copy at a store. I doubt the U.S sub's are as much fun as the German's ze german's did have the coolest tech and sub innovation's juno :biggrin:

Edited by Atreides

The question is does it compare to Silent Hunter III ? which I just by sheer luck found a brand new DVD copy at a store. I doubt the U.S sub's are as much fun as the German's ze german's did have the coolest tech and sub innovation's juno :biggrin:

It doesn't compare to Silent Hunter III. It has got a more arcadish feel to it and it is FULL of bugs. I've given up on playing the game altogether because it may need several years to fix the bugs in SHIV. Stay away from this title and if you are still curious just buy them when in the bargain shelf/table. It is a rip off. There i said it. Plain without hesitation nor overstatement.

I hope you haven't bought it.

i just got it a few??? days ago haven't played anyting else since love it!!!!!!