Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

OK wheres all the BSG fans?

I know I'm not the only one here..both old and new.

I am, but certainly a bigger fan of the new than the old. :wink:

While the old was done in the vein of Star Wars, although not as successfully, the new one is more like the latter-day classic B5, my favorite TV series of all time. I love story-arc shows!

New BSG? Haven't missed an episode yet. Pissed because we have to wait a year to see the next chapter. :sorry: Old BSG? Adolescent at best... Totally forgetable. :rolleyes:

I've seen up to 2.5...stopped watching since I was getting behind in the episodes.

Love it though.....so please...NO SPOILERS...

You can get Season 3 on iTunes, that's how I can only watch it since I don't have Cable (or a TV as a matter of fact) but I'm more of a fan of the newer series. The older one is just too.. "heroish" you know? Just go blow up the Cylons, and that's it, hoorah save the day! But the plot twists in BSG 2.0 are just like "WTF?" But it's definitely a much better setting now.

Season 3 has some of the series' biggest highs and lows...lows as in eps that I wasn't really taken with, that just seemed to sit there.

The DVDs don't come out until August I think.

yes,already tried it.not bad,but not finished.I uninstalled it and will give them the time they need to finish the game,It's worth a try though.

I like both versions of BSG...old and new. Took a while to get used to Starbuck being a female, but she grew on me. Does anyone remember toe old BSG Viper pilot jacket for sale in magazines?!?!?! Almost bought one but pops wouldn't go for. Now that I think about, glad he said no. :rolleyes:

Love the new BSG, the old was good as well. What I'm p!ssed about is we all have to wait till 08 for the new season, is this some guy at the Sci-Fi channel idea of a joke. Well guess what funny man i not laughing! 2008 thats along time, now i cant get out of watching The Girls Next Door with my wife. Don't get me wrong, the girls look great but my god the hair die must have something in that kills brain cells!

Redddevil i feel your pain...... and i love both old and new BSG can't get enough of them

Edited by Caveman

Guest Magellanic

Yo! BSG fan, right here :)

Won't be much to talk about I guess until November when that 2 hour pre-season 4 special airs.

Then we have season 4 and that's it! It was officially announced S4 will indeed be the final one.

Guest Magellanic

...until "Caprica", that is. =)

I'm worried about that show. It may not deliver what we're expecting.

I really liked BSG as a youth, then a friend had the complete set and I watched it...man it sucked...especially the "wild west asteroid"...and if her crashed landed because he was out of fuel, how the heck did he manage to take off again at the end of the episode? Typical 70's writing.

The new BSG or GINO as some call it is edgy, and the way they have handled certain story lines has been stunning...think about what they have thrown at us, terrorism from the terrorist point of view, racism, and violence against women...none of it I expected from Sci-Fi.

And I really like the space combat, it makes sense, it flows, it looks "realistic" not that Moonraker crap that we have been dealt since the 70's.

B5 did space combat in a similar manner, but it had less budget and lower tech at the time so it didn't look as good.

was it the same effects team? I heard that the effects team from BSG is quite good...

Nope. Big gap in time, not sure if the B5 company is still around even.

B5 did space combat in a similar manner, but it had less budget and lower tech at the time so it didn't look as good.

Wasn't that Siera who was developing that instead who pulled the plug 2 months before release (at at the 95% completion mark) to divert the funds into HL2??

You're thinking of the game, I was speaking of the series. :grin: