Sign in to follow this  

after working with TSH some, i ended up moving and droped out of the community...needless to say i've been out for almost 8months...anyhoo, i'm looking for a good throttle/stick combo...what is a good one...i was looking at this saitek bugger at compusa the other day for round 100 bucks..??

anyone here have any suggestions?

comp4.jpg

CH Products Fighterstick USB

CH Products Prothrottle USB

CH Pro Pedals USB

http://www.chproducts.com/retail/usb_home.html

Little bit mo money, but I am happy with the setup and its utilities for programming.

Cheers

Beer

Guest Ranger332

syssetup.jpg

This is my older system from SUNCOM. cost about $90

BUT NOW i USE A sAITEK X-45

the CH stuff is pretty expensive and my new system

is going to us XP...i did see some posts in other parts of the

forum...the saitek that i've seen in stores...i'm assuming

to be the x45...how do u like it in XP?

Guest Ranger332

after getting the updates it works fine ,but was a "bear" prior

http://www.saitek.com/

x45.jpg

http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/x45.htm

this is th X-45,the X-35/36 are all black and dont have lighted buttons

it works great for me Ive had both found the Microsoft to not be sturdy enough for my taste and if you get an extended warrenty at Best Buy you can trade it in if it breaks (but thats true with all bought there) main thing get what feels good as you may be addicted as I am lol

so u would say that the x45 is a good bet as long as i get the update then?

never used it, but if the only changes are with colors and lights, hell yes i think its a great set up

ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar. Nothing is better. It totally rocks! Not much more than the CH stuff. I've seen them for as low as $199 for the pair, but supply is trailing behind demand right now, so the prices may be up there.

I bought my 2 sets when they first came out (pre-order), and paid $279. I may be getting another worked set with the Uber Cougar mod and the Hall Sensor mod. I may be selling a set. Almost unused (maybe 5 hours total on them) for $200.

I'll let everyone here know when I am ready to sell.

-Skater

skater@biohazcentral.com

Add another vote for the Thrustmaster Hotas Cougar here! Ive had mine since they first came out and have had two other Thrustmaster products over the years including the Cougar's predecessor the F-16 TQS/FLCS. I have found their products and support to be outstanding. My F-16 TQS/FLCS are still in use with the digital mod as my son's primary controllers on his computer and I've had that setup for years! I plan to add the simped F-16 pedals to the Cougar setup soon, but right now I am using PFC's rudders which are great! Good luck!-Sledge

Guest Ranger332

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar

from what Ive read I aggree but though he dident want to go pass 100 bucks ? got my X-45 for 79.99 at best buy and used the other to upgrade the Misses PC. but Yes I aggree from what I read sturdy as heck as it all steel amd alum.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar  

from what Ive read I aggree but though he dident want to go pass 100 bucks ? got my X-45 for 79.99 at best buy and used the other to upgrade the Misses PC. but Yes I aggree from what I read sturdy as heck as it all steel amd alum.

True, but I thought I would just put it out there anyway. The Cougar is the best stick set period. At any price. It just does not make sense anymore to buy a set for $80, when they are so inferior, in every possible way, to the Cougar. If you can't afford them now, I say wait. These will probably be the best ThrustMaster sticks ever made, and sadly, these will probably be the last "hardcore" simmers stick set made.

-Skater

skater@biohazcentral.com

Guest Ranger332
never used it, but if the only changes are with colors and lights, hell yes i think its a great set up

the jtick is a lil stuff they got rid of the rubber bands used in the old X-35/36

but you can adjust it by using ties the make it lighter.

and my old X-35/36 setup still works just the bands broke loose,and the darn thing flopped like a MS force feedback.

i was looking at the cugar for a wtf y not...anyhoo, i noticed that the OS requirements were 98/2000/ME...i've got XP coming on my new system in the near future, anyone know if it's compatible with XP?

hope to see u all in the skies on PJ1

i was looking at the cugar for a wtf y not...anyhoo, i noticed that the OS requirements were 98/2000/ME...i've got XP coming on my new system in the near future, anyone know if it's compatible with XP?

hope to see u all in the skies on PJ1

Completely compatible. I have been running XP on both machines that I have the Cougars on since XP came out. Waaaay before the Cougars came out. They installed and work on XP flawlessly. I think they work on XP way better than they work in ME. I think you are looking at an old requirement list. XP is the standard now.

-Skater

skater@biohazcentral.com

thanks,

i'll keep that in mind then...i like the cugar over the saitek, i might just have to suck it up and pay the loot...i think it would be the best for me in the long run...

hope to see u folks in the air on pj1

the cat

out