Sign in to follow this  
Master Chief

Instant notification is not working for me

I am a brand new member, and I am not receiving notification to my post. The forum says I have it enabled, and the only one I have received was a fast Reply.

I am sure it is my end, I probably don't have something set right.

Respectfully,

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)

P.S. I just scrolled down and clicked on Enable so we will See what happens.

All our notification email comes from forums@combatace.com.

You may want to whitelist list our domain and make sure the email we send can get through any spam or junk mail filters you may have setup either locally on your machine or through your ISP.

I haven't seen any bounce reports for "unable to send" email in quite sometime now.

Let me know if you continue to have problems after you've checked your settings and I'll have a more specific look into your account.

Regards;

Erik Thompson

CombatACE.com

Erik what is baffeling me is, if I do fast reply and you respond I recieve notification it works. Just add a reply I do not see notification.

Ron

There's no difference to the board software between fast reply and regular reply other than all the fancy stuff isn't shown but it uses the same source file so probability that it's software related is minimal. I don't have that problem as I can reply or fast reply and get the notifications just the same. I'll take a look and see if I can duplicate it just to be safe.

E

Thanks Erik, I am sending this back fast reply, but I never received notification. I guess I can live with that, jut check on a regular basis. This is the only site I have encountered with. Please I am not complaining, I just cannot figure out why.

Master Chief

Resolved.

Please check your email for further details.

Take care;

Erik

Erik,

Thanks, I believe I have every thing done as you directed. I am logging in as xxxxxxxxx that went fine. For some reason at he top of this screen it stills shows me as logged as Master Chief.

I will try a new post and see what happens. It shows further down on this screen that I am setup to receive instant notification.

I do appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Master Chief

Yeah that can be confusing ... but your username which is the one you use to login with is different than your display name which you have set to master chief. All is good if you can log in and you are receiving notification emails from us. I've redacted your earlier post to remove your username.

Take care;

Erik

Erik,

Thank you for all your help, and for squaring me away. Any idea how I got myself screw up like that. It worked just fine this time.

Ron

Well just blame it on the forum monkeys ... their into that kind of fun.

Glad you're all taken care of.

Erik