Sign in to follow this  
JediMaster

Star Wars Games

The trouble with Lucasarts is they don't seem to have an original bone in their body. Almost all the Star Wars games are clones of something else. A new genre pops up, LA has to make a SW game....Look at Battlegrounds. Do you honestly think that game ever would have seen the light of day were it not for BF1942? Or the RTS games...heck...their first foray into RTS was little more than a Age of Empire mod. Even their Indiana Jones game was a rip off of Tomb Raider.

Though, you could say they hit the nail on the head with KOTOR...though....was that just Neverwinter Nights with lightsabers?

A dark day?

A lucky day, as us PC guys were able to avoid a steaming pile of ****!

That game was god awful....worse than the Jango Fett game.

Never did the Jango Fett Game, but I agree the Obi Wan game is lame. Glad I didn't pay much for it.

What's really missing is an up to date SW flight sim...the old ones just don't do it for me anymore

Unfortunately, the Totally Games guys seem uninterested in another X-Wing-style game. I've doubts LA could do it themselves. Their internal projects are quite lame compared to the external ones. KOTOR was done by Bioware and Obsidian, and both of them are great RPG houses. JK2 and JA were done by Raven, a great FPS house.

Who did SWB? Just LA.

Maybe a glimmer of hope...

The [X-Wing] games were developed by Lawrence Holland's company Totally Games, under license from LucasArts, later also released by LucasArts. There are no plans to release further games in the series; although in an interview in 2003, Holland indicated he might return to the series at some point in the future.

(Cited from X-Wing Series on Wikipedia)

A glimmer of hope from 4 years ago...

A glimmer of hope from 4 years ago...

Please don't make me abandon all hope... :sad:

Believe me, no one wants it more than I do.

NO ONE. NO ONE! NO ONE!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I the only one who actually enjoyed Rogue Squadron? I'm still waiting for Lucas Arts to release the sequels for PC.

I played whatever the PC one was of that. I also played the Ep 1 Starfighter game. Both were "ok" but did nothing to scratch that X Wing itch. All I have right now is the quick flights you get in SWBF2, and that's not much either.

Guys, can anyone of you please help out, I'm trying to run the XvT and BOP game's on XP but am unable to even run the installation process !! I've even gone into the folder's located the setup icon and adjusted it to run in compatibility mode but to no avail. Last but not the least could it be possible that I'm running into this issue due to my DVD CDR ? :dntknw::sad:

Guys, can anyone of you please help out, I'm trying to run the XvT and BOP game's on XP but am unable to even run the installation process !! I've even gone into the folder's located the setup icon and adjusted it to run in compatibility mode but to no avail. Last but not the least could it be possible that I'm running into this issue due to my DVD CDR ? :dntknw::sad:

Hi,

I think it is some compatibility issue with XP. I had the same problem some time ago with XvT as well. IIRC, a fix I downloaded from somewhere solved my problem.

On this page you can find a compatibility fix. I know it says it is for X-W 95 and T-F 95, but, if my memory serves me well, this was the fix that solved my problem.

Hi,

I think it is some compatibility issue with XP. I had the same problem some time ago with XvT as well. IIRC, a fix I downloaded from somewhere solved my problem.

On this page you can find a compatibility fix. I know it says it is for X-W 95 and T-F 95, but, if my memory serves me well, this was the fix that solved my problem.

Thanks alot :good: I'll try this today.

EDIT:Whoa ! If I'm reading this right there's a conversion that will convert my XvT to X-Wing allinace level ?

Damn, too eager I DO need the XWA game **SIGH**

Thanks alot :good: I'll try this today.

EDIT:Whoa ! If I'm reading this right there's a conversion that will convert my XvT to X-Wing allinace level ?

AFAIK there is no such conversion. For the X-Wing Alliance level (I suppose you refer to graphics and gameplay) you still need to have XWA... :sorry:

I've just reinstalled XWA, and added Darksaber's Ultimate Craft Pack. I've probably not played XWA in almost 8 years. It's a nice break from conventional flight sims.

their first foray into RTS was little more than a Age of Empire mod.

Actually, LA's first foray into RTS was IMHO for its time a good-looking 3d RTS called Star Wars: Force Commander, but it was mired by bugs so the reviewers shot it down... I only played the demo of it.

My first SW game was Star Wars for the Nintendo Entertainment System. After that came the first FPS game I'd bought, Star Wars: Dark Forces (where I think the Dark Troopers were best portrayed, all the rest is crap). Never flew X-Wing, and only tasted the demos of Tie Fighter and XwA. I played the SW mod for BF1942 online, which was very fun and cool. Then finally Jedi Knight: Jedi Alliance came out, and I even joined a national clan of that, which was fun (I had the battledroid skin, which with two lightsabres looked funny enough). SW Battlegrounds I also played some times in a LAN, but it really sucked compared to Force Commander... haven't tried the latest SW RTS franchise yet. And Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, sure looks promising...

Now, with XwA, is there any way to switch the yaw and roll axis for the joystick? I just can't use what I normally use for yaw to roll. That's turned this master pilot into a total n00b again.

You mean switch the controls to Wing Cmdr-style, where stick twist=roll and X-axis=yaw? I don't think so, but I never really tried.

No, I'd like stick twist to be yaw and the x/y to control pitch and roll, like a regular flight sim.

i have desided i will be returning to SWG soon am i sane???

I never bothered with SWG. Heard too much negative about it.

As for XWA, I thought twist=roll WAS the default. I'm confused...

Twist is roll by default, I want it the other way around, like a flight sim. I can barely fly and can't shoot at all with the defaults.

Well, Wing Cmdr was fixed in that X was yaw, Y was pitch, and twist was roll. I seem to recall in the X Wing series, though, that X was a combination of roll and yaw...