Sign in to follow this  
Firecage

New FC Fest otw

Just an FYI....

I am close to releasing a new version of the Plane Fest (4.0). :clapping: notes as follows:

1. All of the plane sets have been done to make room for the newest planes that the mod people have available.

2. I have moved the start dates back to October 5th 1915 to make more room for so many planes and still have time to enjoy and learn each one well.

3. I have redone all the upgrade plane dates so the planes match up as closely as I can. (this is whats taking up the time)

4. Bomber squads available for each of the 3 countries. (flyable)

The full plane list that is needed for this Campaign (4.0) to work:

MSTypeL

MSTypeLAO

MSTypeLO

Avro504C

Avro504D

MartinsydeG100

Sopwith Triplane

PfalzEIIIO

PfalzEIIIAO

PfalzEIII

FokkerEIII

FokkerEIV

FokkerBII

FokkerDII

FokkerDIII

FokkerDIIIL

PfalzBI

HalberstadtDII

F2B

Fe2B

Br14

Nieuport11

Nieuport17

N24

N24bis

N28

SPAD7 (Ateams)

SPAD12

SPAD13

HP400

BE-2

BE-2A

BE-2D

Dh2

Pup

Camel

CamelF1 (Mikes)

SE5a

Dolphin

Walfisch

Staaken

AviatikC2

DFWC5

GothaVI

PfalzD3

AlbatrosD1 (Ateams)

AlbatrosD1

AlbatrosD2

AlbatrosD3

AlbatrosD5a

SchuckertD3

Dr1

---------------

I will post here when Its done. :cool:

Due to a few things that will become clear later I need a few extra days to do some tweaking on the new release still.

Im still working on it as we speak and will have this as soon as I can.

It will not be very much longer.... :wink:

Edited by Firecage

Cool...re the list. I don't think the ATeam has an Alb DI. They have a DIII though.

I don't see one unless you mean the repainted re-FM'd DVa. I was aware of that. AFAIK nobody has made a model for the DI or DII yet.

Well you are correct its the Alb D3 not the D1. Here is the plane list after working most of tonight so far on it. This is darn near ever plane from TK, CA modders, Ateam, and bort's site. Mostly now im trying to play the campaign from alot of squads to make sure things play out correctly after this much change.

The full plane list that is needed for this Campaign (4.0) to work: (SO FAR) :crazy:

------------RAF Allied--------------------

MSTypeL

Farman MF11

F2B

Br14

MartinsydeG100

Fe2B

Pup

Triplane

Camel

CamelF1

SE5a

Dolphin

MSTypeLO

Farman MF7

RFC SF11

Farman MF11b

Farman MF11c

BE2

BE-2A

BE-2D

Ca3

HP400

---------- French ------------------

MSTypeL

Farman MF11

RFC MF11

Nieuport11

Nieuport17

Avro504C

Avro504D

N24

N24bis

N28

SPAD7 (ateam)

SPAD12 (Conversion FM)

SPAD13

MSTypeLAO

RFC SF11

RFC MF11

F2B

Salmson2A

BE-2A

BE2

BE-2d

Br14

Ca3

HP400

----------German--------------------

PfalzEIII

FokkerBII

FokkerDII

FokkerEIII

FokkerEIV

FokkerDIIIL

AlbatrosD1 (Conversion FM)

PfalzD3

AlbatrosD2 (Conversion FM)

AlbatrosD3

AlbatrosDIII (Ateam)

AlbatrosD5a

Dr1

FokkerDVII

FokkerDVIIF

SchuckertD3

HalberstadtDII

Walfisch

Staaken

AviatikC2

DFWC5

GothaVI

FokkerBI

PfalzEIIIAO

PfalzEIIIO

There are planes from RAF in the ESC and vice versa but I was more worried about getting a chance to get all these new planes in a furball !!

No matter which country you choose there will be lots of plane upgrades so you won't be stuck in a plane for anywhere near as long as before. I have been thinking of changing the time between missions even. Maybe making them closer to give a bit more time in each plane.

I think right now im running 1 mission every 5 days. Planes are upgrading about every 2-4 months depening on variables. This should give anywhere from 12 to 24 missions per plane. Feel free to throw in ideas on that if you wish.

Im guessing if the winds are smooth and the gods favor me this weekend it wont be much longer.

The biggest thing so far is just flying each upgrades against its counterparts to see if my dates workout well and keep things interesting and not lop sided. Thank god for the mission builder for testing those ideas.

More info as I can. :wink:

And what happened to DH2's?

Good eye Gr, It will be in there. I just missed it on the listing here. I took a bunch of upgrade cut outs and weened them down to plane types and I probably missed one in the process. I think thats a sweet plane and well designed. Has a bit too many polygons on the model which can cause FPS issues if you fly with shadows and all on. I dont notice a ton of it but I can tell if ones in the area by the way the game is acting.

Right now im trying to make up a few different squads with different planes in them so there are different choices to make on starting a campaign. Biggest thing is still making the match up fun to fly and exciting to be in. I hate it when one plane is just head above or below everything else in its era.

I have a suspicion that not the DH2 model itself but it's shadow .LOD is too complex. Maybe it is a copy of one of visual LODs which really should give videochip a hard kick.

Tailspin....Borts got a DI on his site.... mountain-man

Well I'll be. Ole Bort does have a Alb. DI up now. Wasn't there yesterday. You getting priviledged info, there MM? :wink:

Yea I saw it there but didn't go looking for the temp folder link or where ever its hidden. Ill try and see where it is later if I have access to it.

Just got home and I will get your new planes in there and get the new Plane fest released tonight if I can get all the line ups between planes fixed. Some of the planes just are not as good vs its counter parts as I had wanted. So I am narrowing down which planes stand a chance against which and should be releasing the fest tonight god willing and no more FM issues.

You guys did one heck of a job S!

:clapping:

And to Viper. I would sure like to see someone take a look at the DH2 file and see if the shadow detail is the FPS bleed. I like to keep the shadows on and its really hard when 12 or so DH2 come roaring across the screen .... an I am on a pretty stout PC.

Edited by Firecage

Bort has a place just for blog members that he usually puts his new stuff on for a few days before releasing it to the "general" public.

Well done Firecage, its great your doing this....must seem overwhelming at times. Keep up the good work, your campaign is the definitive one. Cheers Peter

Nice thing, but how can I be sure to download the correct models? A few models have to be downloaded at "Capun SkunkWorks". The downloads are password protected and it says "We are no longer producing public use Freeware models".

Nice thing, but how can I be sure to download the correct models? A few models have to be downloaded at "Capun SkunkWorks". The downloads are password protected and it says "We are no longer producing public use Freeware models".

you can reach him at capun1950(at)yahoo(dot)com