I know I asked it before, but now, since the Talon from "Stealth" was modeled for WOE, is there a slight possibility, that also the superb but fictional MiG-31 Firefox from the same movie will make it to WOE?

Would like to have dogfights in her very bad. She was already made flyable for FS2002/04 but with no weapon support. :good:

Edited by NazGhul

I know I asked it before, but now, since the Talon from "Stealth" was modeled for WOE, is there a slight possibility, that also the superb but fictional MiG-31 Firefox from the same movie will make it to WOE?

Would like to have dogfights in her very bad. She was already made flyable for FS2002/04 but with no weapon support. :good:

It's a WIP at the moment as far as I know.

lol can't wait to fly this one....

Hmmmmmmmmm. I'm confused as to why this thing is called the MIG-31 and isnt a name that isnt takin. Because the designation of MIG-31 is already taken by the Foxhound.

Don't forget when the movie was made, the TRUE MiG-31 probably wasn't in production yet.

I, personally think we should rename it "MiG-32 Flatulator" :crazy:

But that's just me.......

Wrench

Kevin Stein

But remember, you must think of Flatulator, in Russian.....

lol I was going to go there, but nah...

Craig Thomas wrote "Firefox" in 1977, and followed it up with "Firefox Down", in 1984.

When the book was published, the MiG-27 was the newest Mikoyan production aircraft known to the west, though the existence of a newer model (the '29) had been speculated since 1976. That's why he choose to make his fictional aircraft the MiG-31. By 1984, the existence of the '31 had been verified, but Thomas wisely chose to continue using the '31 model number for his fictional aircraft, for continuity's sake.

The movie based on the fist novel came out in 1982.

Guest capun

You mean something like this? :)

Firefox-01.jpg

Firefox-02.jpg

Firefox-03.jpg

YEAH! Definetely! Can't wait to fly it. Will it also be mindcotrolled like in the movie? :biggrin:

I guess we need to start lobbying TK for a new patch!!

BTW Capun, any chance of a new pilot to go with this one? A black version of the PVO pilot would be good.

A black version of the PVO pilot would be good.

{cough} Talon pilot {cough}

I'll redo it with a closed faceplate

Wrench

KevinStein

It's still WIP.

FINALLY!...

Something with enough meat to give the Talon a run for its money... (Though the latest SU-27 does a pretty good job) :biggrin:

Edited by Zurawski

Now I'll have the themesong from the movie stuck in my head for the rest of the night...so I'll have to throw the DVD on or something. :biggrin: What's really kooky is I just started re-reading (for about the 5th time) the Firefox books too.

Of course the real 31 was just a redone 25, but I remember some early DoD "impressions" of the MiG-29 looked like a cross between the real 29 and 31. That plane of course never was made.

The real 29 surprised a lot of people, as did the Su-27.

I was impressed with one aspect of the Firefox design, though, and that was that they kept MiG's signature tailfin design. Put it in a sideview comparison with a real Flogger, Foxbat, Foxhound, or Fulcrum and it's the same tailfin.

Well there was also the "Mig-37 Ferret" that was done AFAIK as a Testors model that I had bought and lost so long ago.

I came across that design just recently looking for data on the MFI( and found some contenders from other design bureaus)

I actually thought it was a concept made by MiG, not the DoD.

post-7445-1176838764_thumb.jpg

Well there was also the "Mig-37 Ferret" that was done AFAIK as a Testors model that I had bought and lost so long ago.

I had that one as well. Gee, I can't believe it was nearly 20 years ago... :blink:

Ferret.jpg

Well I wonder how it must feel to fly her, since it never existed AND it has never been seen in action, neither reality nor movie

I had that one as well. Gee, I can't believe it was nearly 20 years ago... :blink:

Ferret.jpg

Well since you bring that up, it has been a minute since I owned it too...