Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

My favorite Enterprise

I think the main problem was when DS9 first aired the character development took too long. You didn't know the characters well enough. Now already knowing the characters, going back and watching S1 it just seems a lot better.

I'd say that while the last half of TNG's run was probably the best top quality eps, DS9 overall was the best series because it had fewer weak episodes than even TOS.

Maybe I'd rank TNG S5-S7 on top with TOS S1 and S2, then DS9 S1-7 and Enterprise S4, then TOS S3, TNG S1-S4 and Voyager S1-7 mixed in with Enterprise S1-3.

I'd say that while the last half of TNG's run was probably the best top quality eps, DS9 overall was the best series because it had fewer weak episodes than even TOS.

Maybe I'd rank TNG S5-S7 on top with TOS S1 and S2, then DS9 S1-7 and Enterprise S4, then TOS S3, TNG S1-S4 and Voyager S1-7 mixed in with Enterprise S1-3.

Yes.......but when DS9 was bad-it was VERY bad! "Profit And Lace"...."Let He Who Is Without Sin..."Man were those bad!

I agree,DS9 was good,and when it was bad it was VERY bad.TOS had it's short comings but mostly due to when it was filmed,mid 60s.the updated ones look great.

Voyager was ok,and Enterprise took a couple of shows,actually almost a full season but it started to grow on me.

Enterprise's last season had some of the best ST episodes, but no one was watching anymore because of the mistakes made in S1 and S2. I thought S3 went in the right direction, but it went TOO far. The Xindi storyline would've been ideal for a half season at best, not a full one.

The Xindi Story I think brought out some really good stories,and it gave us a chance to see the charicters in more depth,like Tripp and his loss,Archer and his dedication.I agree they took it just a bit to far but was nice to see a new enemy.

I'll also say that the temporal cold war was one of the worst ideas in ST history. I was glad when it got dumped at the start of S4.