Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ranger332

Any hear or read this?

Guest Ranger332

found at SIMHQ:

(Incidentally I was originally going to wait for LO:MAC and not buy SF, but after reading that LO won't be "moddable"

in any way AND won't have a dynamic campaign in the release version, it doesn't sound quite so promising..

There's no link Ranger, but that freakin sucks if it's true.

Guest Ranger332

thats why Iam asking only saw the one posting trying to cross ref. but not getting anything,thinking about e-mailing LOCK-on to find out. of it true meybe we can start an e-mail protestso they can change it ---if its true.

Ya, we could use www.petitiononline.com that's the MOH:AA guys got their SDK, not that it was worth anything, but still.

I also heard that it would not be moddable a while back.. I think it may have been an interview with Wagner. Who knows what we will get? I personally think to release a sim that the communities can't mold and grow on is marketing suicide. But then again, amazing things happen every day.. We will have to wait and see.

I just hope it will have been worth the wait.

S!

Guest Ranger332

ROGER THAT I still rember waiting for the A-10 from Janes and at the last min they pulled the project. sniff sniff :twisted: :evil: :shock:

I also heard that it would not be moddable a while back.. I think it may have been an interview with Wagner. Who knows what we will get? I personally think to release a sim that the communities can't mold and grow on is marketing suicide. But then again, amazing things happen every day.. We will have to wait and see.

I just hope it will have been worth the wait.

S!

I think there will be some limited modding, such as support for skins. Take a look at this thread:

http://forum.biohazcentral.com/viewtopic.php?t=1877

You can see that there's been some skin tweaking goin' on there. :D

As for mods making or breaking a sim, as we've seen from recent events, moddability does not a sim make. 8) To be honest, while I love to be able to tweak skins, add aircraft, etc, I don't want it at the expense of an unstable or incomplete package. Worse yet, I don't want to see UFO's when I MP either. There has got to be some good middle ground. :lol:

To be honest, while I love to be able to tweak skins, add aircraft, etc, I don't want it at the expense of an unstable or incomplete package.

Agreed, but without a constant flow of new content even the greatest sims get dull. It's a shame because I can think of so many more interesting planes that could operate in the LOMAC environment. Crimea is a real part of the world but it might as well be dhimar for all I care, it's still a fictional conflict.

My personal fear is that LOMAC will just be flanker 2.5 with some nice new graphics and some US aircraft. Same terrain area (crimea), same mig and sukhoi flyables (ok they added the rook, that was hacked to be flyable in flanker2.5), same boring scripted campaign, and from what I've heard same flight models. Feature wise, what else is new?

Flanker (I've got all incarnations) was my favourite Flightsim for a long time, but its buggy as hell multiplayer and lack of new content killed it off for me. It's awesome at what it does i.e a su-27 flight model simulator, but as a game it's poor.

I understand and fully acknowledge the "I dont want UFO's in MP" arguement, but theres always file checkers. It's pretty clear that the developers want to keep control of their software (LOMAC is pretty much the 4th retail version of Flanker) by denying modding, that's a real shame.

I cant really see LOMAC replacing F4 SP3 on my HDD as "my modern jet sim".

Cheers

p.s dont bother flaming/calling me a fanboy etc, I'm not interested in an argument.

LMAO, your buying a copy just like everyone else so stow it dave. :roll:

You can mod till your blue in the face, but if there isnt anything solid to start with then its all mute anyway.

LMAO, your buying a copy just like everyone else so stow it dave.

Oh, I'll buy a copy, and then I'll be on EVERY LOMAC forum reporting EVERY little niggle and problem I can see over and over and over and over and over again Seawolf, sound familiar? ;)

Guest Ranger332

look ppl this was posted not to start a squabble but just to see if any others had seen it or knew anything more about it?

LOMAC will NOT be moddable.

Skin support will be possible, but no adding of new aircraft/vehicle models or variants by the end user.

-Skater

skater@biohazcentral.com

Many at LOMAC Central have stated over and over that the release will not be moddable to great extent. Skins and Decals will be allowed to be edited as stated by Matt Wagner.

It has also been stated by the Ranking members of LOMAC that there are plans to have post release mods coming straight from Ubisoft depending on how well the sim does.

However, lets focus on getting the game out in a stable form first. Like MJ says, "Mods do not a sim make". I'm sure that with enough money and time, there will be mods to the game, just not end user mods. All of this however will be entirely proportional to the support the sim gets.

Guest Ranger332

rgr that eventuly someone somehwere will "Crack it" and start mods :)

Knock yourself out cupcake. :lol:

LMAO, your buying a copy just like everyone else so stow it dave.

Oh, I'll buy a copy, and then I'll be on EVERY LOMAC forum reporting EVERY little niggle and problem I can see over and over and over and over and over again Seawolf, sound familiar? ;)

What, you mean not moddable as in "Don't even think about doing it"?

Or not moddable as in an IL-2, "You make the stuff but we're the ones who can put it in the game" sense.

Even if it does turn out to be a Flanker re-hash, I'm still buying it because I haven't ever played one of the Flanker games.

Well, unless lomac sells a lot of copies we wont really know how they will work addons. Lets just hope it lives up to the hype and turns a big profit. I think if it is as successfull as IL2 and FB then things should be pretty good for future addons. Just speculation though

What, you mean not moddable as in "Don't even think about doing it"?

Or not moddable as in an IL-2, "You make the stuff but we're the ones who can put it in the game" sense.

Even if it does turn out to be a Flanker re-hash, I'm still buying it because I haven't ever played one of the Flanker games.

found at SIMHQ:

(Incidentally I was originally going to wait for LO:MAC and not buy SF, but after reading that LO won't be "moddable"

in any way AND won't have a dynamic campaign in the release version, it doesn't sound quite so promising..

Not modable and no dynamic campaign?!

:(

i'll cross my fingers

Remember the dynamic campaign addon for F-18 superhornet?