Sign in to follow this  
EricJ

AJ101 Last Cruise (2005-06 TR)

Just started on it a bit..

post-5735-1177198927_thumb.jpg

Nice work.

Pretty good but the Phoenix needs to be over the bottom red stripe. The stripe needs to be situated a little lower... closer to the base of the vert stab while maintaining the grey stripe with a larger main red field.

Tomcats Rule! Anytime Baby!

No probs, this should be more workable:

airw114.jpg

No probs, this should be more workable:

airw114.jpg

when u releasing that baby?

when u releasing that baby?

or did u

lol when I get finished man, I just started :smile:

Here we go, getting a bit closer:

post-5735-1177260173_thumb.jpg

Damn nice work! suggestion though, and I'm not begging or pleading, just suggesting for someone who flew this plane (friend of the family)who realy wants to see an original paintjob that is dedicated to this amazing Aircraft! I would do it myself, but I uninstalled the game to install C&C 3(though I might reinstall it soon), but nor do I have the neccesary skining know how to do it! But anyway damn fine skin dude! Keep up the good work!

Thanks from everybody, it's coming along good, so I figure within a couple days it should be up. As for your buddy Falcon161, I'll PM you my email address and you can email me any photos (What squadron first? And what time period?) would be very welcome. More work:

airw117.jpg

airw118.jpg

airw119.jpg

airw120.jpg

More work:

airw121.jpg

airw122.jpg

Sweet so far, I have a pic that would not upload for some reason. Shows the tail with Felix's bomb having the Battle "E" inside of it, plus 2 other awards next to the PHX award.

Like the Trophy's and Anchors? Yeah Airliners.net has a buttload (the vast majority are from there) that has the "E" in the cannonball. Problem is that I don't got good enough shots, so I leave it alone for now. Matter of fact I spotted AJ201 with the Aghanistan and Iraq countries for OEF/OIF that piqued my interest.

But for right now I'm doing the work of what Vampyre sent me since they're so far more reliable. I can start getting crazy with other stuff when I get more accurate reference pics.

Thanks from everybody, it's coming along good, so I figure within a couple days it should be up. As for your buddy Falcon161, I'll PM you my email address and you can email me any photos (What squadron first? And what time period?) would be very welcome. More work:

He did not specify a squadron. And I did some research and I didnt find any squadrons (regular or tigermeet) that had anything like he wanted, so i cannot help you with squadrons or pictures(sorry). But I can describe it as he told it to me to the best of my abbilities! If you are interested.

Sure man, PM me the info.

I tried to think of more to do, but ended up uploading it. I considered weathering, but there wasn't a whole lot to begin with, so I just went with the default stuff that came with the templates.

Well I borked the grey camo so I redid it. Sometimes the Navy gets me as far as the right "color" since grey is used, and can mess you up under certain lighting. And this was the case as far as this one. So I redid and resubmitted it. Apologies if you downloaded it before, simply overwrite with this one.