Sign in to follow this  

Please, please fix the problem with the poor performance on ATI cards. Here's an example of how bad this is: I have two rigs at home, both are HP Vectra VL-400s. Both have a P3-933 processor. Machine A has 256 MBs RAM and a 3D Prophet 4500 (Kyro-II chipset) video card with 64 MBs RAM. Machine B has 512 MBs RAM and a Radeon 9500 Pro with 128 MBs RAM.

The 3D Prophet 4500 blows the Radeon out of the water in playing SF:P1!

At the same detail settings, I get 30+ FPS on the 3D Prophet, and 6-8 FPS on the ATI card.

This is horribly wrong. I mean, the 3D Prophet only gets about 1200 points on 3D Mark 2001 SE.

Thanks.

Scott

Maybe you should just get a Nvidea card if you really want to fly SF:P1. I think you'll achieve that faster than the plea to be honest.

Using Radeon 9700, Pentium4 2.8g. No problems to report here. - Sledge

Well consider yourself lucky because most of us who own radeon cards are having this issue.

dont know if this might be an issue, but i have a radeon card (7000) series...had a problem with new RB6...updated driver and works pretty good now...lol but the update came out today =)

yeah, tried the Cat 3.4 and no difference. A response from ATI on this issue through email told me to contact the games tech support. LOL problem is neither stradegy first nor 3rd wire returns email. Guess it will continue to be ignored.

BTW- That whole statement about going out and getting a GeForce card just to play SF was pretty funny. That was a joke? right?

If it wasn't, why would I want to spend $400 on a new card that is below the quality and speed of the one I have now?? After having two GeForce cards just stop working only 6 months after purchase it will be a long time before i go back to Nvidia, especially as long as ATI is putting out cards like this 9700 Pro. A $45 beta copy of a sim is not worth going out and spending another $400 on a new card especially when that one game is the only one with issues, everything else is beautifull.