Sign in to follow this  

Anyone know how I can assign new cockpits for planes?

I know how to,but I´m not very sure...You have to overwrite the old CP folder only,change a line at the cockpit.ini...?

I want to change the F-4 ones of the MiG-29s by the Flanker cockpits (that looks to be more looked like) and the Su-9.

Anyone know how I can assign new cockpits for planes?

I know how to,but I´m not very sure...You have to overwrite the old CP folder only,change a line at the cockpit.ini...?

I want to change the F-4 ones of the MiG-29s by the Flanker cockpits (that looks to be more looked like) and the Su-9.

Lol!!!

Don't use the flanker pit for the Su-9 or Su-7!!!

Don't worry I'll make a new updated mod with the radar and

the Su-7's advance bomb sight.

No!!!Lol

I was going to use the Fishbed for the Su-9.

The Su-7 I dlld a new cockpit,but I doesn´t looks as is in the SS...

No!!!Lol

I was going to use the Fishbed for the Su-9.

The Su-7 I dlld a new cockpit,but I doesn´t looks as is in the SS...

The Su-17's cockpit would be the closest match to the real life Su-7, and the Su-15's cockpit would be a passable substitute for the 9, although the 9 was of course, a single engine aircraft.

You can paint over the second engine's guages, but moving the 2nd engine's guage needles out of sight is a bit more involved. I'm using Boopidoo's [su-15] cockpit for Su-9, Su-11, and Yak-25 and Yak-28. For experiment on 25 and 28, I chopped some of the rear sliding canopy framing as the Yak's wings should be easily visible from the (real) extended Yak cockpits, but parts of the thick sliding canopy base framing gets in the way.

To clear up the dense Su-17 foggy canopy haze, delete or rename the hazy "glass" tga file zzzCockpit_canopy so the game does not recognize it, then you can fly night missions without 50% loss of external environment light (real glass does not behave like this), but this simple fix also takes out the canopy de-icing wires and hud reflection which are pretty cool and immersive. So I'll look at the OUT file to see if the hazy glass is specifically removable.

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

What you said above,it can solve the problem that I have with the Viking,that have the frontal glass with a "dirty" look like?

Yes, the Viking has a dense fog that can be changed.

For the Su-17 cockppit file...add the following line to the bottom of the [CockpitSeat001] section (list of Instruments)...

Instrument[068]=Move1

At the very bottom of the cockpit file, add...

[Move1]

Type=AIRSPEED_INDICATOR

NodeName=canopy_glass

MovementType=POSITION_Y

Set[01].Position=-100

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=-99

Set[02].Value=1.0

This moves the glass 100 meters below the cockpit, well out of sight. Or I think that's how it works.

-------------------------

For Viking its a bit tricky...the hazy tga file is called Glass. You can modify the "transparency" of the tga file in a PhotoPaint program, but I don't know how to do that, or my PhotoPaint program won't do it. :dntknw: So this is what I do...

There is no cockpit lod OUT file to locate the filename as with the Su-17 cockpit above so we can't move the glass out of sight, and renaming the Glass file won't work, so you have to replace the hazy Glass file with a clear tga file (unless you know how to change tga transparency). You can download such a file ready-to-use here...

Cellinsky's Weather Mod (found in Maps\Terrain - Enviro mods section) ~> http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=2723

Cellinsky's Weather Mod replaces the ThirdWire static wallpaper horizon cloud images with small clear tga files. Take any one of these horizon clouds, rename it 0clear or something and keep it handy in the basic SF folder or Objects folder (or somehwhere). Take this clear tga file and move it to the S-3B Cabina folder and rename it Glass. Save the old Glass file -- rename it zzzGlass -- in case you wish to keep it handy. You should now be able to fly night missions with S-3B in total 100% clarity, daytime too.

Its probably best to try to ask and find out how to change the "transparency" of tga files. Much more simple!!