Sign in to follow this  
Cylix=JW=

Wont be here for a while

Hey,

I wont be on biohaz, or simHQ or anywhere around flight sims cause of 2 reasons..

1. my joystick isnt working

2. put SFP1 on shelf for now until my joy is fixed and patch 2 is out.

So my webpage wont be updated and my projects wont be in progress.

Cylix=JW=

Guest PhantomWarrior

WHAT HAS YOUR JOYSTICK TO DO WHAT YOUR PROJECTS?

Hey,

What pissed you off? Don't let it keep you from having fun. What kind of joystick was it and what happened? There are enough "knowledgeable" people here that can help you out.

Schizo

:cry:

Guest Ranger332

shoot if you pay S and H I probly got one sitting around here Ill give you?

Ths P1 community is slowly fizzing out due to the fact that we STILL have no patch version 2...oh well.

Guest Ranger332

it takes a while geez ppl Falcon 4.0 took a while to now look at it still running strong after all these years.

Guest Sony Tuckson

well said

this simu took 5 years to be what it is

sometimes people forget to be patient :wink:

I played falcon 4.0 for years. EAW is in the same boat. Does everybody think patches and changes happen over night! It took years NOT MONTHS!!!!!! of add ons to make those games were they ended up. I been playing sims lets say from the old days and I can't believe how people react if it is not perfect right away. Fine if you do not want to play anymore so be it. I tend to agree with AmourDave when he said once all you keep hearing about is negatives. Just look around and see all the mods that are happening. This game is evolving faster then any game in the past that I ever played. Sorry to vent but it seems in todays society nobody has patience anymore.

Guest Sony Tuckson

thanks for support :wink:

ext why do you think you can say good things about the game and no one can speak about its faults. JEFF says what can be said here and what cannot. and no one else. and to the ones who say that the game will take 5 yrs to fix, i'm disabled and have to spend 2 days next week in the hosp for some tests on my heart. i dont have 5 yrs more than likely, should i ask tk for my money back, also i thought all caps was yelling, would you yell at someone in person just for thinking different than you or maybe he you vent on you.

ok everybody cop a chill...no need to get your nickers twisted because somebody decides to wait for awhile on projects..and updating a web page.and who says he's pissed.heck I have days when I want to just drop every game i have off the hard drive and play solitaire.and Jeff doesn't dictate what can be said..this is an open forum and theres lots of people who say whats wrong with this sim.it's called creative feed back and TK needs that fix the problems.the problem comes when people want to go a a rant about it.no problem can get fixed over night and if anybody thinks it can they have no business in flight sims.they should stick to "paint ball"or solitaire.

No the sim isn't perfect but at least TK is working on it.Thats more than can be said for some sims...theres already been 1 patch..and a 2nd on way soon.people say what they want I'll leave this one on the HD and dump CFS3 so fast(which I voted CFS3 the most expensive coaster award).So just be patient,i know it's an over used staement but in this case it will be worth it.

stevechester I am sorry to hear about your condition. I do mean that, without your health normal life can be limited. If you look again at my thread I believe you misunderstand where I am coming from. I am strong believer of hearing both sides of a story. You make better decisions when properley informed. I respect MJ's forum and I do not go out to put anybody down. My point is this sim is moving in leaps too make it better. Remember this sim is only months old. It has not even been out for a year yet. When you talk about all the "classic sims" how long did it take to make them that way. Maybe the problem is a lot of us have played with the bad graphics slow compuers etc..... and we see the potential of this game. I find today people seem to give up too easily. Keep the critisim coming because thats how problems get fixed. People complained about the Desert terrain and along comes Dueces and so on. Yes the game has flaws. If you don't like a game there is nothing wrong with that.

Hey Cylix

I hope you reconsider your decision. Although I too, am anxious for the 2nd patch to be released, I am hopeful that things will improve very soon. So many new aircraft are in various stages of being completed, and I simply have this feeling that when all is said and done, this sim will be so great!

Perhaps I am wrong about all my optimism, but I still do like SFP1, and am holding out hope for good things to come.

Chief

Purchase of walmart copy- $45

Purchase of final gold copy- $48.99

Asperin for headache recieved from having a Radeon card and SF- $2.95

Finding out you bought two copies of a beta- Priceless!

Sorry I upseted some of you... Its not that I'm pissed that Patch 2 is not out yet. O and PhantomWarrior... if I dont have a joystick.. i cant test my current mods out and see if they work.... no way in hell i'm going to use my keyboard.. i just dont like it.. have a problem? deal with it

My computer took a crap, and I had to take it into the shop cause I was stumped on what was wrong.. they had to reinstall a whole bunch of $h!t and put on a new windows. So I dont have 3D Max installed or any of my programs... but I do have my projects still intacted. well some of them.

The problem with my joystick is that when I try to install it, the software installs good, but during the install wizard you have to test the connection.. I plug the freakin thing in and my slow crappy A$$ comp doesn't reconize it.. and in my game controllers menu.. it doesn't display.. which means... no joystick in game.. and Yes Iam pissed that my joystick isnt working. :x Hell if I had my joystick working.. I would still be playing SFP1, and doing my projects as planned.

Ext you can just shut ur mouth.. I dont appriate you tellling me I have no patience anymore... I have had this game since late december... I have alot of patience... and still do! :!:

I will check back in a week or two to see if any of you guys have an ideas on the joy.

Cylix=JW=

Is it a Saitek by any chance? If its the X45 or X36 the older software has a lot of issues with XP (if thats your OS). The new software is supposed to fix the connection issues so you might want to check it out. If it's not a saitek then I dont know. Have no idea what stick or system you have so no way to give advice.

I'm going to tell a story about a video game that I may have told before.

See there is a company that has a long lineage of fine video games. Most of their profits have come from there sports games. They have dabled in a few others, I recall F-22 interceptor for Sega Genesis being my first flight sim. this company had built up a reputation and a vast fan base that company's like sega (games) are still fighting to compete with. since 1995 I have owned every copy of NHL hockey on either Sega or Computer. Now the game had changed many times, at one time you could not fight but you could make players heads bleed, but for the most part the game improved steadily. In the later versions of this game (try to think of every version as a patch, because thats what they are) the graphics got better and better and the game play got better. When NHL 2001 came out I was very very impressed with the whole game except for the crowd (that was cheese). Now the 02 version was not much of an improvement outside of rosters and a little bit better animation. 2003 was and is a complete peice of sh*t, the graphics are aweful (they are smooth but the players look like they have downs syndrome... with the exeption of a few decent looking ones) the game play is just terrible and alot of people that bought this game were complaining that EA had released a BETA version instead of finishing it, and they just like Third Wire released a patch that fixed a few things but not all of them. The community for this game was outraged (you think that the sim boards get heated :lol: )... but I bet you that most of those people that were bitching still played the game just as I did (in truth if I had a better internet connection I wouldnt be playing Flight Sims online, I would be playing on EA matchup, I have no promises for my involvement when I move to Tallahassee and get cable modem). So I guess the moral of the story is, if you really like a genre of games, that you should stick with a sim no matter what, not becuase someone tells you to or that you should have some loyalty or that they demand you have patience, but because its what you like to do. I didnt play NHL for most of the time I had it, but when playoffs started I finished a whole season and playoffs before the end of the 2nd round. It's an addiction, but a good one, and if flight simming is your addiction then embrace it with open arms, take the good with the bad.

Yes I've been very critical of SF in the past but I blame IL2 for that, becuase after playing it online, I became a MP addict (I used to play the campaigns constantly), and thats all I looked at flight sims for, I havent even played the campaigns in SF, or FB for that matter. SF is a good game, it has vast amounts of talent in its community, so it probably wont die. It is uninstalled on my cpu, and collecting dust on my CD shelf, but the software doesnt have an expiration date, and I'm positive that I will reinstall it someday.

Note: this is not a reply to anyones remarks, just my comparison between two games that will eventually sort themselves out. Hopefully patch 2 will be out soon, and hopefully it will fix the bugs. And I pray that NHL 2004 will return the game to its former prominence (EA is already talkin sh*t about how good its gonna be :? ).

Jason Saffell

Guest Ranger332

I have an X-45 and a X-36 and np with them

Guest Ranger332
WHAT HAS YOUR JOYSTICK TO DO WHAT YOUR PROJECTS?
as far as his commits they are his to make and the way you first made your post its a ligit question. and just cuse you dont like to use the keypad oh well I had to during my deployment dident like it but had to deal if I want to get things done,and you mean to say that there are no other pcs you have access to? If it that much of a problem pass the ball -- let somebody thats able finish the projects.