• NCC-1701A
    • NCC-1701D
    • Voyager
    • NX-01
    • NCC-1701B
    • NCC-1701C
    • NCC-1701E
    • Other

I am a hugh fan of the original "Connie"class but the "A" in the movie took my breath away,what a beautiful ship.

i like all of them sept the D myself... but have to go with the refited Connie class

the NX-01 was a surprise to me as I actually kinda liked it,ok after seeing it a few times.I keep hearing about a"J" but can't seem to find anything on it.

as for the others..I also like the Klingon Crusiers.they just look tough.

Guest Tazkiller

now I like that..very good. :good:

Hard for me to pick. I'd say the first one I had a real "I like that!" moment with was when I first saw the Reliant in ST2. Then came ST3 and I saw the Excelsior...I really liked that one. The changes they made for the 1701-B I didn't care for, much.

The 1701 E comes in 3rd for me, and I think the 1701 A is 4th.

looks like the movie "connie"is the favorite so far..my but she's just plain sexy!

Anyone else here remember being stunned at the death of the Enterprise in Star Trek 3?

the NX-01 was a surprise to me as I actually kinda liked it,ok after seeing it a few times.I keep hearing about a"J" but can't seem to find anything on it.

as for the others..I also like the Klingon Crusiers.they just look tough.

The NCC-1701J was featured in the ST:E episode "Anazi Prime". The timeline was about 400 years after the events of ST:E. You never actually see it except in a small frame on a video monitor. You can get a picture of it in the book "Ships of the Line".

As I've gotten older, I've enjoyed starships that look realistic (as much as a fictional starship can be real) in the fact that you see seamlines, hatches, different areas, etc. The original TOS models kind of looked like they were carved out of wood...whereas in real life, even far away, man made ships, aircraft, spacecraft have obvious seams, lines etc. I think that's where ST:TOS-R has been doing an increasing better job in showing NCC-1701 as being a ship that was 'built'. Check "The Doomsday Machine" for some great shots...as well as "The Tholian Web".

FastCargo

My favorite ships would be NCC-1701E, followed by NX-01. All bumpy! :)

Edited by FastCargo

I had to vote other as there was not a selection for the Klingon B'rel Bird of Prey. I like the aggressive looking lines small size as well as the stealthy nature of its intended mission. And its not freakin white!

Vamp

I had to vote other as there was not a selection for the Klingon B'rel Bird of Prey.

Amen brother! The BOP and the K'vort were great! I used to be a big fan of the Romulans and their Warbird, although, it was ugly as sin when viewed in any way other than from directly in front! For me, my fave Federation ship... hard to pick. I like the utilitarian, purposeful lines of the TMP ships like the Connie and the Miranda. But then there are TNG ships like the Nebula and the revised Excelsior that are just damn fine! And then there's the Klingon Neg'var and the Dominion DNs/BBs...

If pressed for an answer, I'll go with the Galaxy-X...

I'd like a clearer picture of the Enterprise F!

I liked the 1701 after the refit, The A was actually the USS Yorktown renamed after the Enterprise was destroyed. Both looked alot alike, but the giveaway was the inside of the 1701s nacelles was black and the As were blue.

Enterprise D.

Love the Galaxy class. Awesome ship combining style, comfort, and power. I had the movies when I was growing up (saw ST6 at the theater - excellent movie), but it was really TNG that I watched most. I remember sitting at the dinner table, watching Captain Picard and crew save the day on this old black and white TV. Lotta good memories.

I think she looked even better on the big screen in Generations. I, personally, will never forgive Braga for the 'crash sequence.'

I think the D was the ultimate Enterprise - why fix it if it ain't broke?

(Second and third for me, respectively, Connie Refit (Enterprise Class) and the original Connie.)

Edited by gbnavy61

visually, I always loved Voyager the most. somehow, out of all the federation vessels, it matched my idea of a starship the most. i kinda like the size and the position of the engine nacelles; they're not aesthetically dominant so much as in other ships. she's a beauty.

post-20730-1214467402_thumb.jpg

if i recall corectly the Enterprise J looks similuer to the Titan.......but hey I'm old and my memory ain't what it used to be lol

I must say the Sovereign Class Enterprise E is the most beautiful Federation Ship. It looks modern and more aerodynamic then earlier Enterprises. But I have all Enterprises in models at my bookshelf

If the purpose of a show like Star Trek is to portray our future, then the spaceships should be designed with less style and more practical engineering concepts.

Sailing ships have graceful lines because they move through fluids: water and air.

Why would space ships have anything other than whatever shapes are most practical for the function being performed?

Look at all the spacecraft and space stations that have ever been launched from Earth: Boxes, cylinders, cones, spheres, and even open frame girders.

I love the original NCC-1701.

1. It is what I grew up with.

2. I prefer its cylindrical warp nacelles.

3. Most of its design is practical/realistic: spheres/cylinders/rectangles rather than having arbitrary curves designed to be eye-pleasing. The original concept was based on NASA's concepts of nuclear powered ships with engines to the rear and the crew in a shielded pod some distance forward of the engines.

4. Despite 3 above, I find the curves that are there very eye-pleasing... the saucer is supposed to be aerodynamic, so some of its arbitrary curves do make sense functionally, though it should have been shaped more like a flying wing rather than the unstable saucer format. The stern/shuttle bay looks more like the stern of a sailing ship... somewhat unrealistic, but eye-pleasing.

The NCC-1701A looked more appropriate for the time frame with the removal of the sensor dish that resembles old-fashioned parabolic radio antenna dishes.

Arrays have replaced dishes, initially with flat panels, but can now also be conformal to the shape of whatever object is carrying the array... the open blue glow respresents some unkown future sensor technology?

The rectangular warp nacelles and their support struts do not look as good as the orignals to me in form or function. If they had simply kept the original shapes/size engine nacelles, I might like NCC-1701A more than NCC-1701.

All later versions appear to be arbitrary artistically motivated updates of the original shape made by artists purely concerned with style rather than making a shape that made any kind of engineering sense. Nature likes spheres and cylinders. People like rectangular boxes. The newer ships like flat oval shapes that offer none of the advantages of cylinders or rectangles.

Whithout any doubt the Bird of Prey!

(From the outside :biggrin: )

As I've gotten older, I've enjoyed starships that look realistic (as much as a fictional starship can be real) in the fact that you see seamlines, hatches, different areas, etc. FastCargo

I agree :grin:

img00179.JPG