Sign in to follow this  
flashdharma

Help a total beginner

I just got First Eagles, and just joined the Forum.

I have no idea how to put the add-on planes into the program.

Is there a set of instructions somewhere?

If not, could some kind soul post a set here.

Thanks/

Welcome to CA flashdahrma...Its a good place to be...I assume you've downloaded some planes already, if you unzip them and look about most of them have instructions. If they do not, SOP is just copy and paste the aircraft file in the zip into you FE aircraft folder...sometimes they come in several folders in the zip, make certain you get just the aircraft file itself or she won't work....open up your FE aircraft folder and have a look at the structure of the stock aircraft and it will give you an idea of whats needed........Go fly!!! M-M

We also have the "knowledge base" forum with tons and tons of info.

The Aircraft folder is located in the Objects folder in the main First Eagles folder. (Thirdwire/Wwi/Objects) Some add on A/C come with sound folders. Inside will be .wav file. Just drop it in the Sounds folder. Some might have a Weapons folder. There is no Weapons folder in the game so you will have to create one and rename it Weapons. Like M-M says there should be a Readme in the new A/C zip or rar with instructions. Any problems just ask here and we'll get it sorted out for you. :good:

Thanks for the help. I have a folder added to objects/aircraft.

The download file was Dr1.ini, so I have named the folder Dr1.

I went into First Eagles, but I don't see an option to fly the new

plane. I assumed that single mission would be the most likely place,

since you can choose your country and then choose the plane, but

nothing shows up.

Is there somewhere that I can find the new aircraft?

Thanks for your help.

FD.......what you downloaded is not an aircraft, it is just the ini for modifying an aircraft..the DRI is available at another site..have another go, would recommend Latons Fokker DIII, very nice aircraft, easy to install and competitive with the stock ingame aircraft..go get um tiger M-M

Welcome to the fun house friend. Grab a chute and get in a plane ... oh nm you dont get a chute just the plane 8)