Sign in to follow this  
navychief

Band of Brothers

I just rented the first four parts of this miniseries. It is one of the best I ever seen. Highly recommend it.

Chief W.

Guest Ranger332

totaly aggree :D :thumbup:

40172972.jpg

60497524.jpg

If your MIL. get it at the PX/BX ya save about 40-45 dollors cost about 60-70,in the civ market the set cost about 100-120 depending on were you get it.

Tom Hanks did a fantistic job on this on----and yet we still have no monument to the fallen of WW@ thats national. but they are working on it.

Best movie (series) I've ever seen. As realistic as they can get, no Saving Private Ryan crap or campy storylines.

I got the box set for my birthday back in November and have watched through it twice...and also watched it all twice on HBO before that. :) It's great on surround sound. :shock:

Checked at Walmart and Blockbuster...$89.00.

Whoa, Whoa! Saving Private Ryan was AWSOME! Probably the most realistic WWII film ever done. Not to mention Band of Brothers was inspired by SPR and done by the same people namely Tom Hanks and Steven Spielburg. Granted different portions were done by different directors, etc but all produced by Spielburg and I believe Hanks directed one of the episodes himself.

Best movie (series) I've ever seen. As realistic as they can get, no Saving Private Ryan crap or campy storylines.

Have to agree that I also liked SPR and could watch it over and over. Just like I've watched BOB over and over and even read the book. :)

band of brothers was amazing, as for SPR... If the Edward Burns character had been cut out, and Matt Damon was replaced with anyone other than Ben Affleck then it would have been perfect... Tom Sizemore* was awesome but not as good as his role in "Flight of the Intruder" (Box Man).

Best episode in BOB, when they found a concentration camp for the first time (in my opinion).

Whoa, Whoa! Saving Private Ryan was AWSOME

Hey, I liked Saving Private Ryan too, as a movie. As a historical feature, it fell a bit flat. Too much of the plot was unrealistic and, to me, that means a lot. The beachhead scene was exellent, and the movie was historically accurate as to weapons, locations and setting.

The plot is my only peeve with SPR.

Too much of the plot was unrealistic and, to me, that means a lot. The beachhead scene was exellent

Oh I dont know,makes one wonder what would have happened if the sullivans would have had a brother in the eto.....as for the beach-head,yeah it did give one a sense for the cojones it took for those guys to start liberating the louses..err french....