Sign in to follow this  
Gepard

3 Soviet MiG-15 Red Nose Korea War Skins

3 Soviet MiG-15 Red Nose Korea War Skins

This are 3 skins for Paskos MiG-15bis and are basing on the original skins of Pasko.

They represent 3 soviet Fighter Divisions who operated in 1951 over the MiG-Alley. In 1951 all MiG-15 units painted their MiG-15 with red high visibility markings to avoid misidentifications with F-86 Sabre. The markings of the units were different. All common was the red nose,but the size of the red area was different. Also the paintings on the tail were different. Some units had, other had not red tails.

The bord numbers were first 4 digit , later 3 digit. The color of the bord number was black, but also blue and red numbers were seen over Korea.

I used the black in this package, but if you want to have red numbers, feel free to change it.

The Units:

The 151. IAD fought only 4 weeks in February, lost 6 MiG's and shot down 36 US planes.

The 324.IAD was commanded by Col. Iwan Koshedub. Fough from March 1951 to January 1952. Lost 24 MiG's and shot down 215 enemy planes. Top ace was Jewgeni Pepeljajew with 19 Kills (16 confirmend by US sources).

303.IAD fought from April 1951 to February 1952. It was commanded by Col. Lobow. Top ace was Nikolai Sutjagin with 21 kills (14 confirmend by US sources). The 303.IAD shot down 302 enemy planes and lost 49 MiG-15.

Hi!! Very nice skins you´ve made for the great MIG15, but I´m just starting to install new fighters into my WoE folders, and I couldn´t find the config file for the MIG´s, just the skins. I already have the F86 runing in my WoE version, but I would like to know if there is any installer to be found, with the complete list of files required to load the MIG15´s, so I can reproduce some Korean missions. I´ve seen such files with the F5 and the Kfir, and they are really usefull when someone wants to install a new fighter.

Thanks for your time and keep the good work!! :)

MF.

Important line:

This are 3 skins for Paskos MiG-15bis and are basing on the original skins of Pasko

It's NOT an aircraft, it's skins for an aircraft.

You'll need to MiG-15 to add them too....

Please, spend some time in the Knowledge Base, since you just getting starting with the whole mess of adding and modding and generaly gooing crazy... Start with the Beginners Section. Many questions you'll be asking (if not now, then very soon...) will be answered.

Wrench

kevin stein