Sign in to follow this  
BirdDogg

Fair Strike Demo is out

Guest Ranger332

uploading now ty for the info.

Crap! I'll get it on the front page...

Looks like a big DL, weighing in at 297Mb. I'm DLing it now on a T1 but the DL is a little slow at 61Kb... I'll post my thoughts on the demo later this evening.

MJ, you've got a T1 and only getting 61 kbs? I'm dld'ing with DSL and getting 141 kbs. 1345, Central.

Whoa! thats is a huge file I didn't get file size info until after it completed.

Anywho, I'm looking forward to running it over the weekend if I get the oportunity, Family obligations in the past couple months have severly hampered my Flight Sim time!

Hope you all have fun with it

BirdDogg.

Ok, I downloaded it. So far looks good, but cannot figure out how to get it to recognize joystick movements. Am using CH Combatstick. The demo doesn't provide much for options concerning controllers at all. If they want us to really check out the game, I hope there is a way to use my controllers. Keystrokes ain't gonna do it.

Chief W.

Great to hear the demo's out.....and hey look: It's the Soviet Version of AIRWOLF:

ka50black.jpg

OK, now how many of you got that tune running through your head?

Cheers!

Well, I spent about a half hour with it so far, and I have to say, it is in a much more polished state then I would have guessed for an early alpha build. I don't have my joystick unpacked so had to just do some quick arcade-style flights, but this title has some real promise. Here's a quick screenshot just to get you interested:

Yep, no joystick contorls provided yet. None that I could find anyway. And it stuck in Arcade mode. So if you like commanche4 , you'll like this sim. YUCK.....Oh yeah, Oh yeah, its just a demo, but come on. No joystick support and Arcade mode? Think I'll just wait ofr th real thing. Nothing impressive yet. :(

I saw a review on the Demo. The article stated the game does have two separate gameplay settings: Arcade and Simulation.

Yet I could not find reference to them in the options menu. If anyone knows more about this, please post.

Chief

Chief, go to settings/game/special. There you will find the option for simulation. Still havent found the joystick yet.

Follow up. Joystick was operable once the Simulation mode was turned on.

Dont know. Youre gonna have to get in and try it. It still apears to be alot like Commanche 4 to me. Way to early to tell though but I dont see any signs of a real simulation yet. Gonna have to spend some more time with it. You know, got to print out the keyboard list, get familiar with the commands, see what files can be hacked for better gameplay. Tell you one thing though, youre not missing anything.

I agree 100%. It seems like more Comanche 4 missions. I know its early so I will wait and see. Things could change by the final release.

Well,

I give up. I did find the option to change to the Simulator mode, but my joysitck input is not recognized at all. I can't get the helo to go up at all.

Perhaps someone out there has had more success than I have?

Chief

Did you hit 'e' to start the engines? I need to jack the settings down more on mine. I can't get decent frames at all.

This is on a PC that can run Il-2:FB at full graphics and get 35 fps easy.

Looks very Commanche4 to me even in simulation mode. Guess we will never see another Longbow2/EECH type Helo sim again. :cry:

Well,

I was able to get the engines started, using the "e" key, but my joystick controls are not being recognized at all.

I foresee an UNINSTALL of Fair Strike from my hard drive in the very near future.

Chief

Not to make any excuses, but you guys do remember this is an EARLY ALPHA E3 build, right? You are all already starting to sound like your judging the final product based on this demo. It remains to be seen if this will satisfy those of use that likes realistic helo sims, but the company (at least on the surface) is trying to accomodate the hardcore sim people, and are listening to the community.

All i'm saying is, take the demo for what it is, an early work in progress. I personally have seen worse finished and released stuff out there than what we got with this alpha demo. ;)

Hey MJ

If I sounded a little too whiny, I didn't mean to! To be honest, SFP1 is the sim I spend almost most of my gaming time with, and everything else is in a "oh, by the way" status.

I don't care so much if all of my controls work with the sim or not, but I just don't like using the keyboard for playing, period.

I am truly spoiled, when it comes to gameplay with sims. Joysticks, pedals, and throttles are the way to go....speaking for myself, that is!

Chief

Chief. no prob, didn't think that. I agree with the controller comment, I absolutly will not fly a helo sim without my hotas and rudder pedals. ;)

Yeah, MadJeff. Since you seem to have a direct line in to the developer, report to him that from what I have read so far on this and other forums is that the Simulation is not up to speed. Ok, OK, its an early demo. Granted, but never the less. Its not up to speed yet. Dont let the developers think that this will be acceptable for the Simulation fans. If they want to make another Commanche4, just come right out and tell us and we'll leave and go back to EECH and LB2. No problem. But like I read somewhere in one of these discussions, "we already have 2 great games to base a helo sim on. Dont re-invent the wheeel. Just take those games and add arcade for the candy boys. " Or something to that effect. No worries mate. Its our money anyway. Still alot of time left to get it right. :D 8)

Guest Ranger332
Yep, no joystick contorls provided yet.   None that I could find anyway.  And it stuck in Arcade mode.  So if you like commanche4 , you'll like this sim. YUCK.....Oh yeah, Oh yeah, its just a demo, but  come on.  No joystick support and Arcade mode?  Think I'll just wait ofr th real thing.  Nothing impressive yet. :(

I must concur,And without the joystick it reduces the "FUN" but alot of promise.