Hello, I am from germany. I hope my english isnt to bad ;)

I saw some screenshots of the SU-17. Is the model already finished? I saw a real SU-17 last year in Manching (Germany) and it locks damn cool :) I want fly it! :)

cya

Euer Bayer ;)

Hey,

A fellow Su-17 fan, I think we're the only ones.

Would love to see a Su-17 or 22 up close!

The model is complete. The cockpit is just having it's finishing touches completed. We're waiting for patch #2 to be released as the 2nd patch will contain changes to the roll rate code.

Click the picture in my sig if you want to see more pictures of it! :)

Swede made an in-game video of my Su-17. You can download it here.

http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?DLID=27491

http://avsim.com/

Also Marcelo has painted these 2 skins that I requested. He he will release them after I release the model and cockpit.

su17-003.jpg

su17-002.jpg

http://www.marcfighters.hpg.ig.com.br/

Finally this is a cool site that covers the Su-22's in the East German airforce.

http://www.su-22.de/

thanks

Armourdave your new models are really beautiful. This one is even more!

And thanks for having requested these particular skins. They look terrific! :D

No probs. Hope you enjoyed the video :)

Gotta thank Sal also, as he painted the template (and the pit textures).

Cheers

Hey AD! Just to let you know...you aint the only ones who are fans of Soviet aircraft. Im not sure why I am as I am a cold warrior from way back. Perhaps it has something to do with curiosity of a former "adversary's" equipment, or maybe respect for those tough charachters with the red stars. Or perhaps Being someone who has always liked the underdog position when, in this case, it means flying equipment not quite so technologically advanced and more fly by the "seat of yur pants" style. Maybe we could throw in a little, "I like the way some of those planes look" too, espesially the SU-17/22.

In any case, just to let you know, I like 'em too. Maybe we oughta start an "Aggressor" squadron using Soviet bloc equipment and tactics. That would take a bit of research I'm sure. Wonder if there is anyone on the forums who is a former "Bloc" pilot who could teach us some of these things? Heck, Maybe there is such a squadron already flying. Also, I should add that I really like your models, they LOOK NICE! Well done pal! :D

Aircraft dont stay in service for 30 + years unless they have some sort of redeeming quality! The Su-17/22 has been in service since 1970 and remains in service in many nations. I've read reports of many pilots who actually prefer it to the Su-25 for the ground attack role.

Crude it is, but highly regarded for its tough, sturdy qualities.

I dont know what it is that attracts me to the Su-17 so much. I think it's because it's a lot like a Soviet thud. Big, heavy, single engine, but fast as hell attack aircraft with an attitude!

An agressor squadron would be excellent. Russkie tend to be the guy to ask when it comes to soviet equipment and tactics.

Cheers :)

Aircraft dont stay in service for 30 + years unless they have some sort of redeeming quality! The Su-17/22 has been in service since 1970 and remains in service in many nations. I've read reports of many pilots who actually prefer it to the Su-25 for the ground attack role.

Crude it is, but highly regarded for its tough, sturdy qualities.

I dont know what it is that attracts me to the Su-17 so much. I think it's because it's a lot like a Soviet thud. Big, heavy, single engine, but fast as hell attack aircraft with an attitude!

An agressor squadron would be excellent. Russkie tend to be the guy to ask when it comes to soviet equipment and tactics.

excellent! you have say everything!

another thing is the phantom II ... this plane is oustanding!

You guys shoulda have seen the Su-22 I made for X-Plane a while back. Excellent model, realistic as I could make it. Then, an unexpected HD crash...

Hallelua for CD writters...

Tho I hate when those kind of things happends, sorry to hear about it SDirickson.

Remember also... If it dosen't kill ya it'll just make you stronger :wink:

Haha, its no big deal. I've lost plenty of excellent X-Plane models, which really is too bad. Then again, nice thing about X-Plane is if you don't make it, chances are, somebody else'll come by and make it for you.

If you go and look on X-Plane.org, there is a really nice, photo-realistic Su-17 available for download.

Haha, its no big deal. I've lost plenty of excellent X-Plane models, which really is too bad. Then again, nice thing about X-Plane is if you don't make it, chances are, somebody else'll come by and make it for you.

If you go and look on X-Plane.org, there is a really nice, photo-realistic Su-17 available for download.

i was making the ERJ135/140/145/175/190/195 , EMB 145 AEW&C EMB 145 RS/AGS and P 99 from Embraer (www.embraer.com) i has everything, and info, texture... everything, the model have high pol count... has a virtual cockpit...everything for FS2002 ... theeennn my PC crashed in general... on formating will bring him back.

Since this day, i never modeled again, and i think that i will not do it anymore, i get too frustated

The Su-22 on x-plane.org is pretty nice. Never been a fan of fixed highlight skin though.

That's a real bitch Aragorn! :(

Would really like to see you making some P1 models.

Armourdave wrote:

A fellow Su-17 fan, I think we're the only ones. 

Would love to see a Su-17 or 22 up close! 

I'm sooo lucky! 8) :D :D :D :wink:

Eric-1.JPG